Home Cigar 101

Spanish Cedar

ScottUScottU Posts: 194
Where can a person buy spanish cedar for use in building a humidor?
Thanks All

Comments

• bwcarter54bwcarter54 Posts: 142
    ScottU:
    Where can a person buy spanish cedar for use in building a humidor?
    Thanks All
    Do a google serach. You can buy it in large or small quanities. Make sure it's kiln dried.
  • brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    You may also want to look on ebay. I've seen it there for cheap in the past.
  • hoffpahoffpa Posts: 14
    i bought mine from http://www.rockler.com/ a little expensive but it was real nice wood
  • mattshellmattshell Posts: 34
    I bought mine from rockler too. Cut to order, fast shipping, etc. I had a good experience and would recommend them. -Matt
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    Hmmm, glad I came back and saw this post; I might have to check them out. I am looking at making some stackable trays for my overflow lunchbox coolerdor. I want to have a tray in the bottom for the beads, that trays above that, all connected to a handle so I can easily remove the whole thing to more easily maintain the beads, and rotate stock. :)
    And just as an aside, but related; how effective is using old cigar boxes as liners until I make my trays? I would assume that the boxes (C.com house blend boxes and a 5 Vegas) are just spanish cedar laminates, and certainly not solid.
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    go to cigar shops and see if they have empty boxes. most will sell them to you for a buck. thats plenty of wood for cheap. you will have to spend some time taking the lables off though.
    jihiggs:
    go to cigar shops and see if they have empty boxes. most will sell them to you for a buck. thats plenty of wood for cheap. you will have to spend some time taking the lables off though.
    Good idea, James...I'll look into that route as well. :D