Home Cigar 101

touch ups and relights

ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
Just curious if any one has any special tricks or methods when it comes to touching up a bad burn or relighting a cigar?

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    torch instead of soft flame. yes. this does mean that i carry two lighters.

the real trick is getting them not to happen. of course that magic mainly happens at the factory.
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    Lucky for me i always have a torch lighter and matches on me. I have been using the torch to correct so at least i figured that out=).
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    i've been touching up the side of the cigar (the wrapper portion). is that a no no?
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    kuzi16:

the real trick is getting them not to happen. of course that magic mainly happens at the factory.
    +1 here. I use a triple flame torch for the light and a single flame torch for touch-ups. Something else I would suggest is trying the spit trick (putting a small amount of saliva on the quick burning side to slow it down and give the slow burning side a chance to catch up). Doesnt always work, but I like trying this if I can get away with it rather than taking the chance of going too far with a touch-up and **** up the wrapper.

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    i've been touching up the side of the cigar (the wrapper portion). is that a no no?
    no. its supposed to burn evenly. if it is not even it is perfectly acceptable to fix it.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    kuzi16:

brother get yourself a Jobon dual flame. $10 on eBay... I swear you'll never use another lighter. That's all I use ever since I got it. Nice adjustable soft flame and torch in 1 lighter.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    jliu:
    no. its supposed to burn evenly. if it is not even it is perfectly acceptable to fix it.
    cool. thanks Kuzi for the knowledge.