Home General Discussion
Options

AJ Fresh rolled or 5v Classic

im trying to decide what i am going to get today, 2 of the 5v Classic DD or a Mazo of AJ Fernandez Fresh-Rolled.....or something else if yall have any good suggestions in the $40-50 range...?

Comments

• Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Of those two, I think I'd prefer the 5V Classic corona, personally.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I'm quite the fan of the AJ fresh rolled. I'd go with them if it were me
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    both are great to me, close call on those, maybe an edge to aj
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Love the 5 Vegas Classic and never had the Fresh Rolled, but I would imagine that they are really different smokes.

I've heard that the Fresh Rolled has a very AJ like flavor profile (probably earthy with some spice to it) and its a habano I believe, so you might be able to imagine what that would taste like. While the 5 vegas classic is a very medium bodied Sumatra with awesome woody and nutty flavors in a medium bodied format, but that was the robusto, never had the Corona. I'm a sumatra guy and really enjoy the 5 Vegas classic but, depending on what you like, why not call the beard and get 10 of each.

Rumor has it he knows magic.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    You got a few Fresh Rolled coming at atcha to help make up your mind. Just sayin'...
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    im leaning towards the fresh rolled, i decided not to get the 5v and wait to see what else pops up.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    But 10 of each. Good deals on the 5 Vegas classic on Sprintsale, and Tim will fill your oder as well. I smoke em both . I favor the FR, but a big ole 5 vegas double corona is equally satisfying.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't had the fresh rolled but anything by AJ is always good. And 5V classic is a timeless cigar.
    What about skip them both and go with the 5V High Primings.....sorry to add more choices instead of narrowing it down for you, lol

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Dangit, i had forgotten about the high primings......
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    Haven't had the fresh rolled but anything by AJ is always good. And 5V classic is a timeless cigar.
    What about skip them both and go with the 5V High Primings.....sorry to add more choices instead of narrowing it down for you, lol
    5vegas primings on my list too
  • Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    5 Vegas HP is a Habano wrapper though, not Sumatra. Just keep that in mind... I still want to try a few.
  • Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    i like both but i would go with AJ
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Just pulled the AJ fresh rolled toros for 32 a mazo of 20
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    are you the one who stole it from me on the SS?????? lol
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    taythegibs:
    are you the one who stole it from me on the SS?????? lol
    apologies Taylor!! Nah I was out needed them, but I love 5 Vegas classics also and the primmings I just got:-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    well at leat they are going to a great BOTL! but, i bet ill get them for less image
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    taythegibs:
    Dangit, i had forgotten about the high primings......
    I got a couple last week and smoked them ROTT. Pretty good and if you like the Classic I think you'll like the High Primings. Very smooth & a little bit richer smoke than the Classic. I didn't take notes on them but I thought the HPs were delicious and I will be buying more.

I'd hit up a rep - I'm sure they could put something together for you with all 3 brands. You may not get as good of a deal as getting 1 brand from the SprintSale - but if you want variety instead of quantity, that's the route I'd suggest.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    I finally got the Fresh Rolled off of the SS, i overpaid by $4 from what i had seen but it has been several days since i had seen them (i have it pulled up for 8ish hours a day...) so i jumped early. I can NOT wait for them to come in!!!!!!
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the 5 vega classic especially the corona.