Home General Discussion

NEED TO KNOW POLL

2»

Comments

• Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I think the thing you need to do, and it's not easy, is stop looking at cigars as a means of receiving nicotine. You have to mentally equate cigars to relaxation, not a nicotine fix. I completely stopped smoking cigarettes all together, and mastered the cravings on my own without giving in, years before I got into cigars. I still had trouble in the beginning thinking of cigars as big cigarettes, but once you completely disassociate cigars from getting a nicotine fix it get's easier. I don't think I could quit cigarettes while smoking cigars. I'm sure some people can/have, but I'm not one of them.

A big thing that helped me quit cigarettes, was once I noticed how much better I could smell, and taste after I'd quit for a while. I didn't want to go back to those deadened senses ever again. You'll be amazed at how much more you'll get out of cigars, food, and drink. You have to find your own motivation though, and again, not necessarily easy. I sincerely wish you, and anyone else with this problem, good luck.

Edit: just saw your last post, sorry, I type slow
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those who smoke both cigarettes and cigars, are you inhaling the cigar?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR