Home Non Cigar Related

Mom passed last night

Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
After a long and terrible struggle with ALS, my mom finally found peace last night just before midnight. She went comfortably and surrounded by friends and family, myself included, who spent hours at her side telling her we love her, know she loves us, and that it was OK to let go and finally be peaceful and comfortable. She's a stubborn woman, but she finally listened.

Thanks to all who have kept her in your thoughts and prayers and who sent their support throughout this process, it will never be forgotten!
^Troll: DO NOT FEED.

Comments

• skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    So sorry for your loss brother. If you need anything please ask
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss, my friend. Just know she's in a much better place now.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    My sincere condolences regarding your loss, Ken. I'll continue to keep you and your family in my prayers. I believe I can speak for everyone when I say that we're here for you if you need anything. God bless, brother.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Sorry for your loss, but glad she's at peace.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that Ken. God bless.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    real sorry for you loss. like Toombes said we are here for you bud.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Ken I am sorry to hear this. I wish you and your family all the best during this period. Try to reflect on all the love that was shared. Some memories will last forever. Take Care My Friend.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Sorry for your loss Ken.You are a good man for standing up and taking care of you mom.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Peace to you brother! I'll remember you and your family in my prayers.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    cabinetmaker:
    + a very solemn 1 here brother. ALS is a horrible, awful disease, and even though Im sure you will miss her, Im also sure you are relieved that her suffering is over. Prayers coming for you and your family Ken.

• ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Sorry for your loss Ken you and your family are in my prayers.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    The Sniper:
    cabinetmaker:
    + a very solemn 1 here brother. ALS is a horrible, awful disease, and even though Im sure you will miss her, Im also sure you are relieved that her suffering is over. Prayers coming for you and your family Ken.

+ 2 Bro . I know the agony of watching a loved one slip away but know she is well now .
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    You and your family will be in my prayers, sorry for your loss brother.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    My condolences Ken. Our thoughts are with you and your family today brother.
  • MESKCMESKC Posts: 213 ✭✭
    Sorry for your loss,prayers sent to you and your family.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    A huge thank you for this incredible outpouring of support! Indeed it is a huge relief to know that she is now at peace after such a long struggle.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers.
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Prayers going out and up for you and your family
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Praying for you and your family Ken
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken I am so sorry for your loss, and knowing who you are and what a wonderful human, brother and friend you are I also know that she was an incredible woman! The world, myself very much included, will mourn the loss of such a precious life and amazing person! I'm glad she is finally at peace and no longer in pain, may she find her place of happiness and be comforted... I'm sorry Ken, I'm here bro just let me know!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • The ColonelThe Colonel Posts: 206
    Very sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
  • SaVasSaVas Posts: 250
    Sorry for your loss Ken. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    laker1963:
    +1
  • BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    laker1963:
    +1

+2
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    So sorry to hear bro. Heartfelt condolences and prayers for strength in your time of need.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Ken, sorry for your loss. If you need anything, I'm not far away.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    My prayers for you brother.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorry for your loss, prayers sent, my mom wont be here much longer @ 85 now too
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Condolences, brother...sorry for your loss.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    May god bless you and your family brother.