Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Brotherhood of the Travelling Shuriken - CLOSED & FLYING

Greetings my fellow enthusiasts! A week or so ago, I purchased a Shuriken cutter because I was intrigued by the idea and wanted to try out something new and different. Info can be found at the link at the below:

SHURIKEN CIGAR CUTTER

I posted my experiences with the Shuriken in a thread under Cigar 101, and found out at the end of the day it just isnt my cup o tea. However, that thread generated a lot more interest than I expected so Ive decided to send this puppy on tour for folks to try out for themselves if they wish to.

Here are the terms to participate:

- The offer is open to any member in good standing of the CCom forums who either A) has more than 100 posts, or B) can be vouched for by such a member. I will leave this thread open for one week (until next Sunday night) for folks to sign up for the tour, at which time I will compile an order and send it on its journey.

- Participants are NOT hold onto the Shuriken for more than ONE WEEK before sending it to the next person on the list, so folks arent waiting forever for their opportunity to give it a try.

- Participants are required to post their experiences with, and thoughts on, the Shuriken after sending it on to the next person on the list.

Look forward to giving back to the community by giving folks a chance to try a unique product in the Shuriken. Hope to see a good turnout! :-)

EDIT - the list of participants signed up so far...

Toombes
jlmarta
xmacro
90+Irishman
beatnic
Imgembo
pbchevo

I have decided to extend the signup deadline on this until tomorrow (Tuesday 4/10/12) at noon due to the Easter holiday, so there's still time to get in on this if interested.

Comments

• Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Sign me up, brother! I'll give it a shot.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Toombes:
    In and done sir. :-)

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    This is too cool Glen.
  • Options
    The Sniper:
    Toombes:
    In and done sir. :-)

Groovy! I have a Cohiba Puro waiting for it.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMBO! What a genuinely great idea!
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why, shoot yeah! I'll give that puppy a whirl. Please put me on the list, kind sir.....
  • Options
    jlmarta:
    Why, shoot yeah! I'll give that puppy a whirl. Please put me on the list, kind sir.....
    You're on the list my friend. :-)

• Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I'm in too; here's hoping none of the BORK's in here have a habit of throating their cigars before cutting :p

EDIT - Sniper, your link in the OP sends me off to JRCigars. You trying to start something, buddy? ;)
  • Options
    xmacro:
    I'm in too; here's hoping none of the BORK's in here have a habit of throating their cigars before cutting :p

EDIT - Sniper, your link in the OP sends me off to JRCigars. You trying to start something, buddy? ;)
    LOL Not at all brother - the manufacturer's website doesnt list them, and JR's had the best pic I could find. :-)

You are on the list sir.

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    xmacro:

Good heavens!! Are you implying that a BORK might possibly have a germ or three? Unthinkable!! Pshaw!! :-)
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    How and the hell else are you supposed to build up your immunities?
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WAY kewl idea Glen, as always you impress at every turn, I'm in for sure!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Been wanting to try it also. I'm in.
  • Options
    jlmarta:
    xmacro:

Good heavens!! Are you implying that a BORK might possibly have a germ or three? Unthinkable!! Pshaw!! :-)
    Meh, IF there's anything to worry about Im sure the alcohol in the booze our boys partake in should neutralize it. LOL

• Options
    beatnic:
    Been wanting to try it also. I'm in.
    90+ Irishman:
    WAY kewl idea Glen, as always you impress at every turn, I'm in for sure!
    Got you both fellas.

• Options
    ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    I would also like to get in on this.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Glen really excited about this!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Imgembo:
    I would also like to get in on this.
    Got it brother, you're in!

• Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Very cool pass Glen!
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    well at least Monica has not chimed in if your worried about a lil saliva...
  • Options
    Alright kiddies! Im back from my out of town trip and ready to get this thing done! Sort of forgot to factor in that some folks wouldnt be as active around here due to the Easter holiday and all, so Im going to extend the deadline for signup until tomorrow, 4/10/12 at noon - then this beeotch is hitting the road! So far, here is the list...

Toombes
    jlmarta
    xmacro
    90+Irishman
    beatnic
    Imgembo

Gentlemen, please pm me your addresses for verification purposes. Anyone else who wishes to get in on this at this point, please do likewise.

• Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    i would like to get on this, ive been looking at this for some time know but never bought it pm to you
  • Options
    pbchevo:
    i would like to get on this, ive been looking at this for some time know but never bought it pm to you
    Got your pm - you're in brother! :-)

• Options
    PM sent.
  • Options
    Got it brother, thanks!

• Options
    Alright gentlemen, headed to the post office to get this show on the road as soon as I hit post on this. Couple things...

- pass will be flying in order of signup. Toombes, you're first up.
    - someone will need to write-in Imgembo's address for me at some point as the pass goes along. Havent heard from him with an addy & I dont have it on hand.

Have fun fellas, its a pleasure to be of service to you! :-)

Sniper OUT

• Options
    The Sniper:
    Alright gentlemen, headed to the post office to get this show on the road as soon as I hit post on this. Couple things...

- pass will be flying in order of signup. Toombes, you're first up.
    - someone will need to write-in Imgembo's address for me at some point as the pass goes along. Havent heard from him with an addy & I dont have it on hand.

Have fun fellas, its a pleasure to be of service to you! :-)

Sniper OUT

Got it covered, bro. I'll throw it on the list. Thanks for the opportunity, Sniper!
  • Options
    Checked the mail on my way home last night and lo and behold, therein lies the Shuriken. Things got a little hectic last night and I didn't get the opportunity to smoke, so here I sit on the front porch this morning with coffee and a smoke at my side. I've selected a nice H. Upmann New Yorker as my test subject. A quick cut and we're ready to go. I must say that the Shuriken provided an extremely easy draw on this stick... Because it pulled the cap completely off the cigar!! The humidity in the stick is good, a constant 67%, so I'm thinking I cut a bit too deep. Never fear, there are more opportunities afoot to perfect my technique over the next week. I'll keep you's guys posted...
    Here's a pic of my first attempt.
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone be sure to post a pic of what the cut looks like on the cigar. I'm curious.
  • Options
    OK, giving the Shuriken another try. I realized, after a brief convo with 90+Irishman, that I did indeed cut too deep this morning. This time I'm trying it with a Padilla Limitada Edicion Especial Torpedo.
    Here we go...
    Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    After the cut. I placed the Shuriken over the cap until I felt it bite in and then gave just a small push. The cuts are so thin that it's hard to see them on such a dark Maduro. I'm sure they would be much more noticeable on a Connie.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    The draw gained from this cutter is a bit more firm than I prefer, especially during the light. I had to spin the stick and bite down while drawing in order to get a good light. The whole "gnaw and draw" technique takes some getting used to. I'm betting it loosens up after a few inches or so into the stick.
    I'll post again tomorrow night using a Corona or Robusto. Still not sure if this is my cup o' tea...
    Thanks for the opportunity to try something new, Glen!