Home General Discussion

Daily Smoke

Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
Ok guys I have been looking around and haven't found much of a thread on what would you consider to be a DAILY SMOKE. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Ahead of Time..

Comments

• Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    I think it's all preference and is broken down in two categories flavor profile and cost. For a mild moderately price smoke 5 Vegas gold, Alec Bradley American blend, or perdomo champagne. For a little stronger smoke you could go with 5 Vegas high primings or maybe a diesel brand. I enjoyed 3 to 4 smokes a week and usually don't go below those brands if you look around and talk to a rep you can get good smokes for a reasonable price. I my self usually stick to anything aj Fernandez for my everyday smoke and throw in don pepin a Padilla every once in a while.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    I'm not a daily smoker, but there are TONS of options IMO for daily smokes ($2-$3 or so if not less) but it depends on what you're looking for. What type of flavor/strength profile are you looking for?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    A lot of the AJ cigars would fall into the daily smoke category for me, based on quality and cost they are generally a good value. Most Perdomo cigars fit the same bill for me.
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    I don't smoke everyday, but if I did and wanted to be on a budget I would go with the AJ Fresh-rolled followed by the Gran Habano Vintage
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    If I could afford to smoke every day, I'd pick something like the rocky patel sungrown toro, partagas serie D No.4 or something like those that I like enough to really enjoy.

I don't really stick to one particular maker/brand, but those stand out as reliable sticks.

• KriegerKrieger Posts: 337
    Bahia Maduro, LGC Serie N, CCOM Brazilian, GH Vintage 2002. my dailys.
  • Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    Well since I am new to this I find that I have really enjoyed the 5 vegas maduro torpedo. Although I did try an Aj Fernandez fresh rolled last night.. I smoke marlboro reds on a daily basis so it seems that so far I am attracted to the Stronger Maduro types. Has anyone ever tried the AJF Fresh Rolled Maduro? What did u think about it? for the money they seem like a hell of a deal..
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    For me it is the Diesel UHC, and most of the 5 vegas stuff. I am always on the look out for a good budget smoke.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    5v A, AAA, and classic. GH Vintage 2002, est 1844 are all what i would consider daily smokes and i can get them for under $3 each
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    Medic45:
    Well since I am new to this I find that I have really enjoyed the 5 vegas maduro torpedo. Although I did try an Aj Fernandez fresh rolled last night.. I smoke marlboro reds on a daily basis so it seems that so far I am attracted to the Stronger Maduro types. Has anyone ever tried the AJF Fresh Rolled Maduro? What did u think about it? for the money they seem like a hell of a deal..
    I was a marb red smoker too and I love strong cigars. I would recommend 5 vegas triple a a nice aj manduro or diesel UHC. If you want a little more kick try diesel unlimited. C.com have a smash pack 3 of each for a good price check it out.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    I think what you should do is try as many samplers as you can or do trades, then look for bulk. Honestly, i tend to buy in bulk "every day" smokes for storage as they improve with age. I have tons of AJ/DPG/Padron that I look to get under $4 a stick. Many can be had for under $3 and with age they start to come alive. For me: Tatuaje nobles, MOW Ruination, Ave Maria, 1844, MOW, DPG, and RP90 are all cigars I get in the $3-$4 range I would consider every day smokes for me, but that is what I like.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    catfishbluezz:
    I think what you should do is try as many samplers as you can or do trades, then look for bulk. Honestly, i tend to buy in bulk "every day" smokes for storage as they improve with age. I have tons of AJ/DPG/Padron that I look to get under $4 a stick. Many can be had for under $3 and with age they start to come alive. For me: Tatuaje nobles, MOW Ruination, Ave Maria, 1844, MOW, DPG, and RP90 are all cigars I get in the $3-$4 range I would consider every day smokes for me, but that is what I like.
    great advice right there. it reminded me that i was wanting to try and get some time on the 1844's i have but im on my third in the last 4 days...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Medic45:
    Ok guys I have been looking around and haven't found much of a thread on what would you consider to be a DAILY SMOKE. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Ahead of Time..

HA HA HA!!

and by that i mean: did you search "Daily smoke" using the search option in the upper right hand corner?

sorry... i just see this thread every few weeks. this forum has no stickies. new people tend not to use the search option. you see the problem? once things get a few pages back (and they get there quickly) they seem to disappear forever.
  • lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Posts: 503
    Man O War Puro Authentico, I have one almost every day in the morning with my coffee.
    Learned something new THANKS Kuzi
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Medic45:
    Learned something new THANKS Kuzi
    just some good ol fashioned ribbing. On a side note when i just searched for "everyday smoke" i came up with one where i suggested a NUB. its amazing how tastes change over the years.
  • seagarloverseagarlover Posts: 437
    This is a great question, I have had this problem for quite sometime. I purchase my C'GARS from this site we are on now, but I purchase my daily smokes from my smoke shop, I smoke Bundles, I find they are cheaper than a Box. I smoke "CREAM" 7x42 "TABACALERA SERRANO" 6/12X48 AND "ZOIDIAN" THESE COME IN A BOX OF 40 MADURO WRAP ALL SIZES, I GET THE 7X48 PRICES: $32-80. I have to say that "ZOIDIAN" is an AWESOME SMOKE. ask your smoke shop. Thank's for asking the question.
  • Katt68Katt68 Posts: 124
    I like to have a E P Carrillo (white) with coffee in the morning. Then see where the day takes me. Often in the evening Hubby and I will smoke something with med to full flavor.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Typically, Brian's daily smoke is whatever I happen to give him when I come to work...
    Lol Daniel I bought a Padrone today tyvm lol Which I might add was GREAT
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    A lot of the AJ cigars would fall into the daily smoke category for me, based on quality and cost they are generally a good value. Most Perdomo cigars fit the same bill for me.
    +1 on Perdomo. Also Jesus Fuego. Speaking of J. Fuego, you smoke that 777 maddy yet Joe? Was it "yummy"?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    j0z3r:
    +1 on Perdomo. Also Jesus Fuego. Speaking of J. Fuego, you smoke that 777 maddy yet Joe? Was it "yummy"?
    Indeed I did, and indeed it was. Thanks again for that.