Home Non Cigar Related

The Masters

skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
Anyone else watching this week? The par 3 challenge is on now. How do you Tiger will fare this week? Who's gonna take home the green jacket?

Comments

• y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    I'd like to see Rory go all the way this year and not suffer another epic 4th round collapse. I hope Tiger injures his **** and has to withdraw.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    I'd like to see Rory go all the way this year and not suffer another epic 4th round collapse. I hope Tiger injures his **** and has to withdraw.
    Really?? LOL
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I'm pulling for Mickelson
  • stowggiestowggie Posts: 399
    Woods is back! He is always tough at Augusta.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    y2pascoe:
    Really?? LOL
    Ah man, he's just so whiny and emotional when he's out there. He's really turned into the PGA's resident diva.
  • ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    i'd love to see mickelson and and tiger win. mickelson because he's a great guy and tiger bc he is the only one on the tour right now who has the opportunity to break jack's number of majors, and also because people like jack, palmer and tiger rarely come around.
  • gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    I love the Masters-my favorite tournament. I actually have a buddy that had tickets for today. We have an annual "draft" on major winners each year, with the Fed Ex Cup as a tie breaker. I snagged the number 3 pick-took Mickelson. Woods and McElroy went 1&2. I also picked up Dustin Johnson, Graham McDowell, Bill Haas, Darren Clark, Brandt Snedeker and Louis Oosthuizen.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    gripnrip:
    I love the Masters-my favorite tournament. I actually have a buddy that had tickets for today. We have an annual "draft" on major winners each year, with the Fed Ex Cup as a tie breaker. I snagged the number 3 pick-took Mickelson. Woods and McElroy went 1&2. I also picked up Dustin Johnson, Graham McDowell, Bill Haas, Darren Clark, Brandt Snedeker and Louis Oosthuizen.
    Well you have a good group. I'd have picked up Hunter Mahan as quick as possible. His game has really elevated this year. You can never count out McDowell but he seems a bit testy so far. Something isn't right in his head so far. I wouldn't put money on Darren, Brant, or Oosthuizen.

Who will I be pulling for. I'd like to see Tiger or Bubba take home the jacket. The recent weather really hasn't played to eithers advantage though. The course is the slowest it has been in a long time which means those of lesser skills can take bigger risks. This actually sets up really will for Phil who always takes big risks and definately has that "Sunday back, left pin location" advantage!
  • gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    gripnrip:
    Well you have a good group. I'd have picked up Hunter Mahan as quick as possible. His game has really elevated this year. You can never count out McDowell but he seems a bit testy so far. Something isn't right in his head so far. I wouldn't put money on Darren, Brant, or Oosthuizen.

Who will I be pulling for. I'd like to see Tiger or Bubba take home the jacket. The recent weather really hasn't played to eithers advantage though. The course is the slowest it has been in a long time which means those of lesser skills can take bigger risks. This actually sets up really will for Phil who always takes big risks and definately has that "Sunday back, left pin location" advantage!
    Ya-I wanted Mahan but someone drafted him in front of me. Our contest pays for picking winners for each major, so I tried to pick up a few non-Americans. Last year several unexpected players (none picked in the draft by our group), other than Rory won Majors, so all the $$ carried into the Fed Ex Cup standings. I had picked Bill Haas with a late round pick and he came through for me big time. Just like the game of golf, this contest carries an element of luck-in my case, almost all luck!
    Wow! What a melt down by Tiger yesterday! Hope he can turn it around today. With everything that was going wrong for him, it's actually pretty remarkable that he only shot +3! When Nick Faldo said, "14 time major champion, quite possibly the greatest player ever, and right now he can't figure out how to get the club face to make contact with the ball!" he really summed up the melt down perfectly. He just birdied 3 so hopefully we'll see a great turn around on moving day.

I'm really happy to see Fred Couples up there! Almost as special as seeing Tom Watson competing in the British Open a few years ago. Well, nothing can really compare to that for me but I'm still really happy to see Freddy playing well and enjoying himself. I don't expect to see him in the lead by the end of the day though. A lot of those shots he hit yesterday are shots that can't be expected daily, shots I'm sure he thought had a low percentage chance of going in.

Of those at the top, I'd love to see Bubba pull one out. Love watching that guy play. He's so creative! Also, Westwood is certainly deserving. Always the bridesmaid, that guy is! Dufner would be a nice surprise, but I don't see him holding on. Then, of course, there's Rory! It's really anybody's for the taking though.
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Incredible flop shot by Mickelson on 15!
    bbass2:
    Incredible flop shot by Mickelson on 15!
    Incredible? That's what you call a Mickelson Miracle! That shot takes bigger balls that God has!
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    Well, since Tiger is apparently off in la la land, I am hoping for Mickelson - always liked the guy, and his swing is a thing of beauty.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    awesome Double Eagle!!!!
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    That was one hell of a finish! I couldn't believe that shot Bubba made from the woods on the playoff. Congrats to him
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Bubba rules
    skweekz:
    That was one hell of a finish! I couldn't believe that shot Bubba made from the woods on the playoff. Congrats to him
    That's what's so awesome about Bubba! He tackles shots with ease that most players would never even think to hit! I'm so happy it was him who won the Masters. My usual order of preference goes Tiger, Phil, Bubba. Frankly, I really liked everyone who was on the leaderboard at the end. I would have also loved to see Matt Kucher pull it off or Lee Westwood. I was hoping Harrington was going to make a run for it too but he just couldn't sink a putt.
  • LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    Anyone watching? I really miss having a nice B&M with a lounge around when golf is on.

I've got Norm Macdonald and Super Dave Osborne commentary going also, much more interesting than the default. http://www.youtube.com/VPN
  • Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    That was a great put for the win.