Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Montecristo Grand Edmundo Edicion Limitada 2010

rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
Good looking cigar with perfect construction, another example of the continuous improvement of quality Cuban cigars. After lighting it started with a spicy kick, lots of smoke with intense dark chocolate notes. Within few minutes the spiciness mellowed down with sweetness, milk chocolate, honey, cedar flavor. There is a slight harshness- sign of young tobacco. However, doesn't hurt the enjoyable smoking at all. At the 2/3 mark, the cigar is creamy, mouthful with coffee flavor. At the 3/4 mark, the cigar became more intense with heavy to the body and round flavor. I felt the hint of cinnamon, coca flavor. At this point the cigar became more enjoyable and complex. The slight hardness is completely gone. The flavor and body is smooth, buttery. Interestingly, though it is a Cuban cigar but it doesn't deliver the as dual distinctive flowery aroma. This is where the cigar declare it's unique taste and flavor. It has huge aging potential because the slight harshness comeback with heavy, chocolaty note. I believe, this is not like any other regular Montecristo. I am definetly going to buy another box just to age it little longer. Within a year or two this will be a very enjoyable smoke. Cuban cigars are back with quality construction but time and aging will tell us more. I am excited about all the limited edition 2010 releases. Photobucket Photobucket

Comments

• Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    I just got an email about these. I wish I was still in Germany to get them. Nice review Rzaman, we don't see to many Cuban reviews around here.

• Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Very nice! Sounds like a great smoke. Have a box in the humi, going to light one up soon, hope they are as good as your review.
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    It is a great smoke. Cuban cigar makers are more careful now a days about the quality. Even under the on-going global economic slowdown the Cuban cigar market has grown 7%. It is the fact that CCs had a lot of construction issue even five years ago. Now Cuba started to age their tobacco longer then before. everyone knows that except Cuba, every cigar producing countries say- Cuban seed tobacco, Cuba never say Nicaraguan or Dominican seed tobacco because they know that they have the superior tobacco. This is one of my primary question to all the cigar makers I meet in Nicaragua. Almost everyone agrees that Cuban tobaccos are blessed with mother nature and aged Cuban tobacco can deliver the ultimate flavor. That doesn't mean other cigars are bad. it is the matter of ultimate taste and flavor. There are two group of people who say bad thing about CC. First, they have business interest, secondly they haven't smoke or seriously try recent Cuban well constructed cigars. If you go to Europe, few people are willing to spend dollar 40 for a Padron 1926 80th which is truly a phenomenal cigar. It is true Europeans are more experienced with Cuban tobacco and as a result they are also fan of Cuban distinctive fruity and flowery aroma. However, that doesn't change the fact that Cuban cigars are unique. latley, Cuba received significant amount of foreign investment from Europe and as a result they are aging the tobacco longer and coming up with more and more new cigars. At the same time, their public relation strategy has improved dramatically. Cuba lacked this few years ago. Now the competition is head to head. As a consumer we can benefit from it. Once I was talking to Erni Carillo about this. His answer was- God, I wish I could have used some Cuban tobacco in my blend. I believe, next few years will be exciting to see the competition between Cuban and non-Cuban cigars. All I care about is well constructed and flavorful cigars. I am not a politician or a cigar merchant so my interest is always To enjoy a fine, aged cigar.
    zeebra:
    Very nice! Sounds like a great smoke. Have a box in the humi, going to light one up soon, hope they are as good as your review.
  • Options
    Knoxca1Knoxca1 Posts: 148 ✭✭
    Excellent review, I'll pick up a box of these.