Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Oliveros King Havano blends and Eight Zero--Updated!

fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
Anyone ever smoke any of these? I picked up some to try for next week but have rarely seen any comments on them. They look nice and I decided to take a chance.

Comments

• Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    The King Havano Oscuro has typical oscuro flavors (coffee, cocoa, etc.) but is probably the sweetest oscuro I've ever had. Too sweet for me, in fact. It was a bit much. The others I've smoked but don't remember too much about them.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't had the eight zero but I liked the one King Havana I tried.
  • Options
    asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    I really liked the Claro that I had. Haven't tried any of the other blends.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    I tried the Black Knight, courtesy of Jsaint and I enjoyed it!!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    I tried the Black Knight, courtesy of Jsaint and I enjoyed it!!

That's the one I tried and enjoyed it very much. Pretty sweet but i think it's a balanced sweetness.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I have yet to have the Black Knight I have a few restingh but have had the Eight Zero 4 times and they continue to get better with age on them .... 1st was ROTT and the then 2 months 3 months and then 5 months ..... It just sneaks into the medium bodied family and was very smooth and savory.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    The Eight Zero is fantastic. That is all.
  • Options
    Thanks for all your thoughts on this. I have 6 each of 4 blends coming to try out.
  • Options
    After trying the 4 blends I received I am happy to report that it was a worthwhile purchase for $2 a stick. The Claro was very traditional tobacco flavors in a medium body format and was enjoyable. Not a special occasion stick but a very solid everyday. The Maduro Fuerte was a little sweeter and a tasty maduro that was very smooth in a medium to full package. The Oscuro was slightly sweeter still but not offensive but really didn't offer anything more than the Maduro Fuerte as far as flavor goes. The Eight Zero was the clear winner with a chewy flavorfull smoke that had that extra complexity I like and finishes with a minty flavor. I thought it was quite good and will seek some more of those out.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear that you enjoyed the Eight Zero, I think Olivero's is one of those lines that gets over looked sometimes but has put out some very solid sticks at a reasonable price. I've had the robusto's and the perfecto's and have to say that being a big fan of the Gurkha Centurions that I love the perfecto's n the Eight Zero....... The robusto's are on the DD today ten for 25.00 not a bad price but the savvy shopper can do a bit better.
  • Options
    kingjk729:
    Glad to hear that you enjoyed the Eight Zero, I think Olivero's is one of those lines that gets over looked sometimes but has put out some very solid sticks at a reasonable price. I've had the robusto's and the perfecto's and have to say that being a big fan of the Gurkha Centurions that I love the perfecto's n the Eight Zero....... The robusto's are on the DD today ten for 25.00 not a bad price but the savvy shopper can do a bit better.
    I grabbed some of the DD.