Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Cuaba Salomones

rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
Cuaba Salomones- 7 1/4 X 57. Is one of the mild-medium Cuban cigar with tons of flavor. Perfect construction with very smooth wonderful subtle draw. Started with strong milk chocolate overtone and hints of nutmeg, cloves aroma through the nose. 1/4 mark, delivers very balanced with mild spice, woody aroma and ends with aromatic sweetness. 2/4 mark, slightly tight draw with strong fruity aroma. However, it does't ruin the experience though. 3/4 mark, the cigar open up with distintive nutty and earthy flavor. While all these flavors movs around I can feel the strong flowery and fruity aroma on the tip of my tongue. This is a strange cigar where I am unable to differentiate the coca and chocolate flavor at this stage. This is a mild-meduim but very complex cigar. The aftertaste during each simply blow my tastes bud. I would say this cigar dance with different flavor profile with rich smoothness. This is a long smoke but very pleasant experience. I do not believe this cigar needs any further aging. I know very little about the fillers. All I know that they are from Vuelta Abajo region. This is a unique Cuban like no other. Cuba has three speciality niche brands, San Cristobal de La Habana, Trinidad and Cuaba. These brands were developed during 90s but released somewhere around 2000-2003. Photobucket

Comments

• Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    Cuaba Salomones- 7 1/4 X 57. Is one of the mild-medium Cuban cigar with tons of flavor. Perfect construction with very smooth wonderful subtle draw. Started with strong milk chocolate overtone and hints of nutmeg, cloves aroma through the nose. 1/4 mark, delivers very balanced with mild spice, woody aroma and ends with aromatic sweetness. 2/4 mark, slightly tight draw with strong fruity aroma. However, it does't ruin the experience though. 3/4 mark, the cigar open up with distintive nutty and earthy flavor. While all these flavors movs around I can feel the strong flowery and fruity aroma on the tip of my tongue. This is a strange cigar where I am unable to differentiate the coca and chocolate flavor at this stage. This is a mild-meduim but very complex cigar. The aftertaste during each simply blow my tastes bud. I would say this cigar dance with different flavor profile with rich smoothness. This is a long smoke but very pleasant experience. I do not believe this cigar needs any further aging. I know very little about the fillers. All I know that they are from Vuelta Abajo region. This is a unique Cuban like no other. Cuba has three speciality niche brands, San Cristobal de La Habana, Trinidad and Cuaba. These brands were developed during 90s but released somewhere around 2000-2003. Photobucket

Rzaman, you are the freakin man. That is a cigar that I have only smoked twice. And I loved every bit of it. Sad thing is, I was new to smoking cigars at the time and couldn't understand the complexity of the cigar. I could only pick a few flavors out and it was medium strength. Which was , don't laugh, very strong for me at that time. I tried gifting this cigar to Diamondog when I was in Germany but it didn't make it to him. Man, I wish I could get my hands on some more. Thanks for firing up the memories for me.

• Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    rzaman:
    Great review glad to see your enjoying this habanos
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Dear RCY, thanks for your nice comment. This is a classic cigar. While I was smoking this cigar, I felt like I was making love with it. I love many cigars but Cuaba is a unique cigar. There is nothing to laugh, in fact you described your experience very nicely. This cigar need to be smoked as the first cigar of the day. Otherwise, it can be very difficult to enjoy the delicacy of it.
    RCY Cigars:
    rzaman:

Rzaman, you are the freakin man. That is a cigar that I have only smoked twice. And I loved every bit of it. Sad thing is, I was new to smoking cigars at the time and couldn't understand the complexity of the cigar. I could only pick a few flavors out and it was medium strength. Which was , don't laugh, very strong for me at that time. I tried gifting this cigar to Diamondog when I was in Germany but it didn't make it to him. Man, I wish I could get my hands on some more. Thanks for firing up the memories for me.

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I've never had a good Cuaba, but good to see you enjoyed it. I love the idea of an all figurado line.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I have only had 2 Cuabas and they were awesome. The first one I had in 2006 I think and the second was in 2008 and when I had the second one I remember thinking to myself "Ahh, I remember this cigar".
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    j0z3r:
    I've never had a good Cuaba, but good to see you enjoyed it. I love the idea of an all figurado line.
    Pretty much what I was thinking. Never had any luck with them myself, but I've also never had the Salomones.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    j0z3r:
    Pretty much what I was thinking. Never had any luck with them myself, but I've also never had the Salomones.

Hey Joe and Doc, I know it may not mean much. But when I was in Germany, this was one of the cigars the Germans were buying everytime I walked in. And at the time, they were running about 50 euro a piece. Of course I was going to a Casa Del Habano. So, the price may have been bumped up a little. But like I said before. The two I had was awesome.

• Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    I had a Distinguidos about 2 years ago and thought it was pretty good. Got a few more dated 09. Maybe about time to light up another.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rzaman, that was a really great read and sounds great brother!! I've yet to smoke a salomones vitola yet but was captivated by your description, the flavor explanation was spot on and gave a great sense of what to expect and when! Seems like you have not only quite the developed palate but also quite the developed humidor stash as well! Congrats and thanks again!! PM to you!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    RCY Cigars:
    docbp87:
    j0z3r:

Hey Joe and Doc, I know it may not mean much. But when I was in Germany, this was one of the cigars the Germans were buying everytime I walked in. And at the time, they were running about 50 euro a piece. Of course I was going to a Casa Del Habano. So, the price may have been bumped up a little. But like I said before. The two I had was awesome.

Well Rick, I haven't had the Salamones, so I can't speak to that particular stick. But based on the other Cuabas I had and was very unimpressed with, well perhaps you can understand that I'm not in a rush to buy a box. Perhaps I'll try it one of these days though, never know.