Home General Discussion
Options

I am looking for a Cigar Shop in the Washington DC area

I am looking for a Cigar Shop in the Washington DC area

MD, DC, or VA

Comments

• Options
    There are two in Bethesda, Signature Cigars and Bethesda Tobacco. They're actually only a block apart, and each carry a bunch of cigars the other doesn't. Bethesda Tobacco has better service, though, in my opinion.
  • Options
    scroggersscroggers Posts: 2
    My sister-in-law lives in ashburn village and they have a cigar connection in one of the plazas there. It's right off rte 7 near leesburg and the guy there has a decent selection but prices are kinda high.(but what prices aren't high near DC).
  • Options
    gott.des.feuer:
    There are two in Bethesda, Signature Cigars and Bethesda Tobacco. They're actually only a block apart, and each carry a bunch of cigars the other doesn't. Bethesda Tobacco has better service, though, in my opinion.
    I take that back. Signature has another location on Rockville Pike that I didn't know about... stumbled across it yesterday. Probably the best cigar shop in the area that I've been too. There are also a lot of them out in Ocean City, but I only go to those on vacation since it's a 4 hour drive from where I'm at.
  • Options
    Reston VA actually has a really nice one right by the open area where they do music and stuff in the summer... Just near the McCormmick and Schmits Restaurant...
  • Options
    shehanshehan Posts: 10
    king street in Alexandria.. down near the water.
  • Options

You must be desperate if you're looking all over DC, MD and VA, that's a lot of driving depending on where you are - you must love 495!!

If you live in DC, Georgetown tobacco is pretty good.  http://www.gttobacco.com/   They have a location on M Street in Georgetown and they also have a location at Tysons II in McLean (Tysons Corner).  There are cigar shops all over downtown DC - just look as you're walking around.  There are even a few cigar clubs, but they are usually full of guys with money coming out the wazoo and prices reflect this.  Also, most shops make you join the "club" to smoke in the shop now - DC smoking rules, compleete BS.  But, that's DC.

If you live further out in VA - as I do - Cigar Town has a couple locations, Tysons, Fairfax Corners mall and Reston.  http://www.kickashcigars.com/  I've only been to the one at Fairfax Corners, and its nice, they have a nice smoking lounge - brand new with a big flat-screen and a great selection and good guys working there.

I don't know much about Maryland.