Home Ratings & Reviews

EP Carillo Elencos

Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
Me and catfish just fired up two torpedoes. Draw is perfect and so is the construction.
First Inch: Immediatley a predominant flavor of cinnamon and a creme brûlée hit you. A rich vanilla sweetness is also very noticeable. A slight citrus note.

Halfway: burn required only slight touch up. Still has an awesome sweetness, citrus notes and a slight nuttiness. Still picking up a rich vanilla through the nose. Upper medium body. Elegantly smooth. A slight earthiness is keeping it grounded.

Final Third: Small amount of spice, sweet vanilla still dominates. Citrus becoming more pronounced. Quite nutty, almost like almonds. Still silky smooth, creamy and balanced. Strength just kicked up a notch

Smoked to the nub! Overall word to describe this is Elegant. Just a rich flavorful sweet smoke that would be an insane pairing with a micro brew cream soda. Sweetest cigar I've smoked in a while and solid medium body throughout. Amazing cigar that I look forward to smoking a lot more of.

Comments

• Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Nice review. I just received some from the site next door. Too bad they took almost 3 weeks to get here. They're going to need a long rest.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Smoke them slow...the draw and flavor made me smoke it a bit fast and it knocked me out lol... Easily a 1:30-2 hour smoke and I swear I needed a vanilla cream soda and creme brûlée
  • asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    After this review, I'm excited to try the elencos I got off of march madness
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Nice review Vinny . That sounds pretty good to me , I think I saw those last time at the B&M , maybe time for a return visit .
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Dammit! You post this after I send my only one as part of a bomb... Oh, well, I'll pick up some more. Thanks for the awesome review, brother!
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice review. I had my first one of these the other night, and I'd say you've hit it spot on. Carillo's a genius.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    Toombes:
    Dammit! You post this after I send my only one as part of a bomb... Oh, well, I'll pick up some more. Thanks for the awesome review, brother!
    Hey toombes, I got you covered if you want to try an elencos. Pm me if you want one.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    asianbiker8:
    Toombes:
    Hey toombes, I got you covered if you want to try an elencos. Pm me if you want one.

PM to ya!
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    OK, I couldn't wait. I smoked one tonight. The first thing I noticed was a distinct spiciness. It took me a few puffs then it hit me. It tasted like an Opus X Lost City. Weird, because the wrapper is Brazilian Habano , versus Dominican Shade..but to me that's what it reminded me of.
    About an inch in and the spiciness decreased, picked up some nutmeg and vanilla.
    The rest of the burn was sweet creaminess, nuts, leather with an increase in pepper, but not quite as spicy as the first inch.
    All-in-all, a tasty flavor bomb. Definitely worth getting more.
  • amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Steve2010:
    OK, I couldn't wait. I smoked one tonight. The first thing I noticed was a distinct spiciness. It took me a few puffs then it hit me. It tasted like an Opus X Lost City. Weird, because the wrapper is Brazilian Habano , versus Dominican Shade..but to me that's what it reminded me of.
    About an inch in and the spiciness decreased, picked up some nutmeg and vanilla.
    The rest of the burn was sweet creaminess, nuts, leather with an increase in pepper, but not quite as spicy as the first inch.
    All-in-all, a tasty flavor bomb. Definitely worth getting more.
    Smoked one of these last night. I've never had a Lost City to compare but your review was pretty spot on. Nice smoke.