Home Ratings & Reviews

CCOM American Blend (UPDATED)

I smoked one of these ROTT truck this morning. Sorry, no pics, and my reviews are pretty amateurish, but for what it's worth: Cold draw is very mild, but with nice hints of fruit and spice, reminiscent of fig. I was a little worried for the first inch, as the cigar had a very tight draw, unimpressive smoke production, and was very, very mild. If any of you have smoked the Cruzeros (relabeled Pleides), it was virtually identical. Nice tones of creamy vanilla, but no depth or complexity. All that changed about an inch in, when the cigar opened up very nicely in terms of both the draw and the profile. A very nice soft spice came on, which could be felt in both the nose and on the roof of the mouth. Smoke production increased significantly. The base of creamy vanilla stayed the whole way through, with the addition of some nutty tones and the aforementioned spice. By the end, this cigar was most certainly pushing into medium-bodied territory, without ever losing those nice nuances we expect and love from a mild cigar. Overall, I was extremely impressed, and disappointed I had to put it down about 10 minutes early to make a morning meeting! This is a fantastic smoke without even taking into consideration that it only runs $1.75. I'm glad I have 19 more of them, and can't wait to see what a little rest does for them.

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a good smoke, thanks for sharing.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the review. I will have to try one myself now.
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    RBeckom:
    Thanks for the review. I will have to try one myself now.
    let us know what you think too! I really want to try these i am sad i did not by them on the daily deal.
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the review. I debated getting these when they showed up on the DD a while back. Now I am wishing I would have gotten them. Hopefully ccom will have another sale on their boxes and I can pick one up.
  • big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    I've been looking for them on the site can't find them
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the review, ndhaon91!

Split a box of these with a few guys and I look forward to lighting one up - And now I have an idea of what to expect & look (and taste/smell) for as I'm smoking it.

I hope to get to one as soon as I'm over this friggin' cold....ugggh

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    Updated review: Well, I just smoked another one of these, and it was nothing like the first. This thing was fantastic right off the truck, but seems to have immediately entered a sick period. Gonna let the rest sit for a good long while.
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Yeah, I've smoked 2.5 of the lonsdales. The second one actually had an imperfection in the wrapper and I noticed that it was still a bit green on the edges of the little hole. So far, so good for my batch; I'll have to smoke a few more then put them down to sleep if the same happens to me. No ammonia tastes yet, but I thought that the last one I smoked yesterday evening was a little harsher than the first two.