Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

And the winner is...

I've only been smoking for three months, but after trying different Sol Cubanos, nubs, rocky patel, Cao, Gurkha, Romeo Y Julieta, and various others, I stumbled onto the best cigar I have tried yet. The La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial. I fired up a ryj habano reserve that had been sitting for over a month this evening. It had a decent flavor but the draw was so tight that I got tired of smoking it about halfway through. I fired up the Sol Cubano Connecticut that was three months old and three puffs later I ditched it because it was flavorless. I decided to give the la aroma de Cuba a try even though it was only a week old, and OH MY GOD. This cigar blew me away!!! I've never smoked a cigar so rich and creamy! I just ordered five more to rest for about six months if I can keep my hands off of them!

Comments

• Options
    robert69165robert69165 Posts: 219
    God luck on resisting the urge Marshall, I too have cigars resting and I...must...resist...must resist....!
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    The Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especials are very nice. Their regular line is a great smoke too. Both lines are very reasonably priced and the special editions aren't that much more than the regular line. Expect a tad less spice in the regular line with a very woodsy, somewhat floral undertone. Very nice cigars either way you go. I personally like the immensa in the regular line (6 x 60).
  • Options
    I smoked the Churchill tonight. Apparently somebody at Cigar Afficionado had some taste buds because it made the top ten of 2008. I saw it online and ordered it and the Oliva Serie V, though I haven't tried them yet. I was very tempted to order a box of the la aromas and somehow figure out how to cram them into an already full fifty count humi!
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like you need a new humi bro. Go big.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Marshallrocks80:
    I've only been smoking for three months, but after trying different Sol Cubanos, nubs, rocky patel, Cao, Gurkha, Romeo Y Julieta, and various others, I stumbled onto the best cigar I have tried yet. The La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial. I fired up a ryj habano reserve that had been sitting for over a month this evening. It had a decent flavor but the draw was so tight that I got tired of smoking it about halfway through. I fired up the Sol Cubano Connecticut that was three months old and three puffs later I ditched it because it was flavorless. I decided to give the la aroma de Cuba a try even though it was only a week old, and OH MY GOD. This cigar blew me away!!! I've never smoked a cigar so rich and creamy! I just ordered five more to rest for about six months if I can keep my hands off of them!

One thing I would caution against--- Tossing a smoke after a couple or 3 puffs, some cigars will take a bit longer than that to develop their flavors and some become very very good the further you get into them. You may be doing yourself a disservice and waste some money and miss out on some really good cigars if you follow that trend. I certainly am not trying to tell you what or how to smoke, just a friendly suggestion from a fellow cigar smoker. Hate to see ya miss out on some cigars based on the first couple of puffs only. Also what are you using to light your cigars with as this can greatly affect the first few puffs...Smoke On Brother ...Gene
  • Options
    The one that I tossed was one of a box that I was trying to get rid of. I'm down to two of them. They were great at first but when I started trying others I found that I didn't like them at all. Rookie mistake of buying a whole box before trying them.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Rob1110:
    Sounds like you need a new humi bro. Go big.
    that's what she said....
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Marshallrocks80:
    The one that I tossed was one of a box that I was trying to get rid of. I'm down to two of them. They were great at first but when I started trying others I found that I didn't like them at all. Rookie mistake of buying a whole box before trying them.

I see
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Marshallrocks80:
    I've only been smoking for three months.... I fired up the Sol Cubano Connecticut that was three months old and three puffs later I ditched it because it was flavorless. !
    Hey Marshall.. Don't give up on a cigar too early.. Sometimes they take a while to develop. Give it some more time, there have been many cigars that are slow out of the gate, but finish winners. The Sol Cubano is a good one to me, I think you quit it to early. Edit.. Thanks Gene. You and I offer the same advice..
  • Options
    I guess I'll let this last one sit a while then. I bought a box of the ccom cubans to hold me over for a while so I don't burn through all the other ones before they're ready.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Marshallrocks80:
    well if you ever pick up a box of gurkha hmr's and don't like them I'm always open! lol... Yeah I did the same thing with la aroma de cubas a few years ago. I had a few sticks before I bought the box but after smoking other cigars for a while I just didn't like the flavor any longer. It could have also been because they weren't in any humi or stable enviroment but I had to toss the box. I think there was some mold or something starting to grow in the box.