Home General Discussion

Starting to Figure It Out - Suggestions Requested

Good morning gentlemen (and ladies) -

Now that it's been a few days and half a dozen smokes into my reintroduction to the wonderful world of cigars, I'm starting to get a clue as to what I like and what I don't. I'd be much obliged if I could draw on your wisdom as to suggestions for other sticks you think I might enjoy. Without doubt the highlights for me thus far have been a Diesel Unlimited (the 6 x 60 configuration, which actually took me 2 nights to get through) and the white label Cain Nub (the 460 Maduro, I believe) which I enjoyed last night. The smokes that I'm in no hurry to try again were the CCOM "Sun Grown" from the Gordo Sampler and a similarly light-skinned Nica Libre.

Judging from the cigars I really liked, it looks like I'm a fan of the ligero wrapper. Any thoughts - and especially recommendations - you all might care to share as to other smokes you think I'd like would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    If you like full bodied, habano wrapper cigars, you gotta try Man O' War Ruination and My Father. Another more affordable smoke that I LOVE is the Cuba Libre One.

Welcome to the forum, btw!
  • SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    BigT06:
    If you like full bodied, habano wrapper cigars, you gotta try Man O' War Ruination and My Father. Another more affordable smoke that I LOVE is the Cuba Libre One.

Welcome to the forum, btw!
    Totally agree with BigT06. Also if you are liking ligero sticks try the Oliva Serie V Double Robusto, Torpedo, or Churchill.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    If you like big RG's and ligero...gotta try the Man o War Armada. Pricey, yeah, but you can get them in a few samplers which might have other stuff you'd enjoy.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • For ligero, I agree with the Oliva V suggestion, and I also recommend the entire line of Cain. While it's not a ligero bomb, I'd suggest trying out a Padron 3000 as well. Amazing flavor in that fella.
  • TropeanTropean Posts: 7
    Many thanks for the suggestions! Starting to get a nice shopping list pulled together, and also to know what to look for in the various daily deals, sprint sales, etc. Please keep the good ideas coming!
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I'll add the original Man O' War and San Lotano Habano - both awesome in every way.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Smoke more of everything
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    Smoke more of everything
    What he said, and take your time
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    +1
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Upscale? Try out some La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero's, particularly in the chisel size. For a more economic good ligero, track down some Gurkha Triple Ligero's. They may be more to your liking ring gauge-wise, and are easier on the wallet as well.

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the Bahia maduro in any size. Fairly inexpensive and a good smoke.
  • stadstad Posts: 396 ✭✭
    The Sniper:
    Upscale? Try out some La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero's, particularly in the chisel size. For a more economic good ligero, track down some Gurkha Triple Ligero's. They may be more to your liking ring gauge-wise, and are easier on the wallet as well.

+1 I love a good LFD chisel after a steak dinner. My mouth is watering.
  • StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    I love love love the Oliva V. Especially the Maduro. Quite a gem.