Home Ratings & Reviews

Tatuaje Black Torpedo

KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
Hi Guys. Had one of these over the weekend that had well over a year on it (12/2010). First off, to me this stick was a Pepper Bomb (which is not my thing) but the main issue I had was it started unwraveling after the first inch. It got to the point I couldn't finish it.Anyone else have an experience like this?

Comments

• MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    Sorry that happened. It's always a bummer. I've had one of these, I think with a year as well, and I loved it. Very smooth, not at all a pepper bomb, but that's what's great about different palates--we all taste something a little different. I didn't have any trouble with the construction on the Tat Black torp, but I've heard others say they've had problems.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Got a bundle of these maybe a year ago (or so?), and I love them. I will say though, that I've had some construction issues with a few of them here and there, that sound similar to your problem. In fact, when these were first released as tubos, this was a big problem.
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    docbp87:
    Got a bundle of these maybe a year ago (or so?), and I love them. I will say though, that I've had some construction issues with a few of them here and there, that sound similar to your problem. In fact, when these were first released as tubos, this was a big problem.
    My understanding was that this was less about construction and more about the tobacco selection. Pete supposedly was going for pure flavor and sacrificed combustion. I'll say this... he succeeded. Still one of the best tasting, and worst burning, cigars I've ever smoked!