Home Ratings & Reviews

SOTL reviews

Thanks to an idea from Mike T I'm gonna partner with my hubby and begin doing the female side of cigar reviews. I would love it if the other sisters would join me as well! And boys if you have a stick you would like reviewed or any ideas please shoot them my way and I'll see what I can do. Just remember I'm not my husband so my reviews are going to be a little different. Thanks everyone for any encouragement or constructive ideas on how to make any future reviews more enjoyable. I'll also be posting my reviews on Irishman cigars as well!

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    awesome.

i would love for you to review the Cain Daytona.
    why?

cos when i was a the Oliva Factory in Estali the woman who was the tour guide (and head of quality control) said that the Daytona was "a Cain for Women"
    i have yet to find a woman who has smoked it to find out if this was true.

after that, i want you to go through your husbands humidor and review all the very rare and expensive cigars you can.

on that note, my wife pretty much only smokes Davidoff... usually the thousand series.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Excellent! Differing reviews on sticks are always very helpful, and I look forward to reading yours. As far as ideas, just this - dont worry about your reviews being different from 90+'s or anyone elses. Nobody is you but you; do YOUR reviews the way YOU want to and above all else have fun with em!

When you mentioned posting your reviews on 90+'s thread also, are you talking about you two smoking the same stick at the same time and both of you posting your individual thoughts on it? I think that would be some kickass reading - our first CCOM Forums Husband & Wife review team!

Really looking forward to this AJ, have a ball with it! :-)

• laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    kuzi16:
    awesome.

why?

cos when i was a the Oliva Factory in Estali the woman who was the tour guide (and head of quality control) said that the Daytona was "a Cain for Women"

after that, i want you to go through your husbands humidor and review all the very rare and expensive cigars you can.

on that note, my wife pretty much only smokes Davidoff... usually the thousand series.
    KUZI... YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!!! I love the Cain Daytona...it is NOT a "Cain for women"

I smoke full on Nicaraguans 95% of the time and I find these have that certain something that I like in a good cigar.

(Grumbling) **** Kuzi, calling me a woman.... LMAO

Great idea IrishAJ. I am looking forward to your reviews.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    kuzi16:
    awesome.

why?

KUZI... YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!!! I love the Cain Daytona...it is NOT a "Cain for women"

I smoke full on Nicaraguans 95% of the time and I find these have that certain something that I like in a good cigar.

look man... you need to call up Oliva's Quality Control department and yell at them. its not my quote.

dont shoot the messenger.

i would like a redo on my review of the Daytona. the only one i have ever had was out of their aging room and it was VERY young so it was harsh with hints of ammonia. personally i was hoping it would be a slightly lighter version of the cain. that would make it more enjoyable to me.

oh crap. i guess that makes me a woman too.
    oh well. more mild/medium cigars for me.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Excellent idea! My question has already been brought up, will it be contrasting reviews on the same cigar? As for which cigar to review first, I'm also on board with the Daytona. I've had a few and loved them, but would also like to hear a varying opinion from the fairer sex. If 90+ gets in the way, give him a swift kick in the taint from me and tell him to skeev off!
    Can't wait for your reviews!
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    kuzi16:
    awesome.

why?

Looking forward to reading your perspective on cigars. And like The Sniper said, are you two going to smoke the same cigars? That would be cool to see and read.

Hey the Cain F lanceros kicked my a**. Oh boy, now I'm confused. Thanks Kuzi for that.

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Anything to get more SOTL involved is awesome IMO. Funny thing is, outside of cigars, I know plenty of gals that smoke so it makes no sense to me that they would not enjoy cigars. My guess is the persona of the industry keeps them away which is sad, or B&M's might not be welcoming. Either way, kudos to you and I would suggest diong your own thing seperate of Irish....while stealing all the killer stash he has lol.
  • IrishAJIrishAJ Posts: 135
    The Sniper:
    Excellent! Differing reviews on sticks are always very helpful, and I look forward to reading yours. As far as ideas, just this - dont worry about your reviews being different from 90+'s or anyone elses. Nobody is you but you; do YOUR reviews the way YOU want to and above all else have fun with em!

When you mentioned posting your reviews on 90+'s thread also, are you talking about you two smoking the same stick at the same time and both of you posting your individual thoughts on it? I think that would be some kickass reading - our first CCOM Forums Husband & Wife review team!

Really looking forward to this AJ, have a ball with it! :-)

We are thinking about doing that we just need to have the time to do it together.
    catfishbluezz:
    Anything to get more SOTL involved is awesome IMO. Funny thing is, outside of cigars, I know plenty of gals that smoke so it makes no sense to me that they would not enjoy cigars. My guess is the persona of the industry keeps them away which is sad, or B&M's might not be welcoming. Either way, kudos to you and I would suggest diong your own thing seperate of Irish....while stealing all the killer stash he has lol.
    The funny thing is that I have only one gal pal that does cigars with me and you're right when you see women smoking a cigar it's usually just to get men to think that sexy women will want you if you smoke that cigar or if you go into a B&M it's always male lounge feeling. But am adventerous and love seeing guys flitter around me thinking "what in the world? A girl cigar smoker in a lounge croctching and watching a sports game?". It's funny
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    This'll be interesting. Go for it and have fun. If I can give one piece of advice it would be this: don't get so wrapped up in a review that you forget to enjoy the cigar.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    IrishAJ:
    catfishbluezz:
    The funny thing is that I have only one gal pal that does cigars with me and you're right when you see women smoking a cigar it's usually just to get men to think that sexy women will want you if you smoke that cigar or if you go into a B&M it's always male lounge feeling. But am adventerous and love seeing guys flitter around me thinking "what in the world? A girl cigar smoker in a lounge croctching and watching a sports game?". It's funny
    I don't understand it honestly... I've known gals that outsmoke and drink guys...weed or cigs. I'd imagine it is the good old rich boy turnoff that I've gotten before when my tats are showing at B&M's.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    This is gonna be fun ! Looking forward to it .
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Should team up with Katt sometimes and review the same cigars.
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    I'm all about getting a SOTL point of view about some of my favorite smokes and maybe some I would like to try. Any pointers on how to get wife into cigars would be appreciated too lol.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    We welcome the viewpoint
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amanda, as you know, I have a ton of sticks at the bar. I would love to see you and Brett on the patio smoking up for reviews.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    j0z3r:
    This'll be interesting. Go for it and have fun. If I can give one piece of advice it would be this: don't get so wrapped up in a review that you forget to enjoy the cigar.
    ^ exactly ^

Don't forget to enjoy what you are smoking!
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully we will be able to do our first Husband/Wife tandem review this coming week or weekend, stay tuned!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    Toombes:
    Excellent idea! My question has already been brought up, will it be contrasting reviews on the same cigar? As for which cigar to review first, I'm also on board with the Daytona. I've had a few and loved them, but would also like to hear a varying opinion from the fairer sex. If 90+ gets in the way, give him a swift kick in the taint from me and tell him to skeev off!
    Can't wait for your reviews!
    Some will be done husband and wife others will be just what I do and want to do with no influence from Brett.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Im gonna take you by the hand, and make you understand - AMANDA!
    Im gonna tell you right away, I cant wait another day - AMANDA!

Where's our reviews cookie???!!!???

So the SOTL reviews are being put on hiatus from me, but I welcome any of the other sisters who would like to fill a void for the next year. I was told no smoking while pregnant and no smoking while boob feeding. So SOTL's you are more than welcome to help me out and if you need help from me on reviewing just shoot me a PM ok? :)
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Understandable. It will just make those sticks that much more enjoyable when you get back to it.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We understand and will wait patiently (well we'll try) for you to get over your condition. LOL!
    Take care of yourself.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    kuzi16:
    awesome.

why?

lol, yeah you do have a picture of a *** for your avatar! hehe

wow, that got censored? wow.