Home General Discussion
Options

Nobody lives forever.

kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
I just read that the worlds oldest teen-ager, Richard (****) Clark died today. News year Eve won't be the same. Sorry to hear that news.

Comments

• Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Sad day indeed. I really felt for the guy after his stroke.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Man , how old was he ? I remember him and that VOICE .
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He was 82.

New years eve won't be the same without him.

When icons like that, who have been there forever, pass away, it makes you start to feel a little old.

If you think about it, it is amazing how many bands you first saw on American Bandstand. And if you were in a house with older sisters, you ended up watching it every time it came on.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    He must have had quite a life.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I found out about it when I got home from doing some ink work last night. I remember seeing a lot of bands for the first Ike on American Bandstand and New Yrs Eve just isn't gonna be the same with his Lordship, Mr. Clark.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I think I'll listen to the song that he thought was the best moment on AB. - Roberta Flack - "First Time Ever I Saw Your Face"
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    RIP *** Clark
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    0patience:
    New years eve won't be the same without him.
    Yeah I agree. I'll never get that creeped out, uncomfortable vibe again listening to the ball countdown.

Seacrest was spotted yesterday rubbing his hands together in front of his face, grinning ear to ear.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    **** Clark has been dead for the past 27 years... just nobody told him is all. LOL RIP Mr Clark, you will be remembered.

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    The Mayans were right, there will be no 2013... Well, not in the same way with *** Clark gone....
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    That's Right. There can't be a New Year w/o Mr. Clark. Diamond you better start smoking those Behikes fast. Hate to see them go to waste.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    kaspera79:
    That's Right. There can't be a New Year w/o Mr. Clark. Diamond you better start smoking those Behikes fast. Hate to see them go to waste.
    Im pretty sure high quality cigars go with you to the Great Beyond. To paraphrase from Mark Twain, "If smoking is not allowed in heaven, I shall not go!" :-)