Home General Discussion
Options

The famous cigar beetle.....

Has anyone ever had the cigar beetle? My temp is always under 70 & rh at 65-70 but i check out for holes in my sticks one a week. I hear that freezing your cigars will kill the eggs and beetles.....but does freezing expand the cigar & ruin the wrapper?? What are your experiences??

Comments

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I think wheelie had a beetle in his humi recently. freezing works but you have be sure to be patient when it comes to bringing the cigars out of the freezing cold to your humi or you will shock them and they will split. You really shouldn't have to worry about it though.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Just smoke the beetle.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    AQUADGIO1200:
    My temp is always under 70 & rh at 65-70 but i check out for holes in my sticks one a week.
    if that is your RH and temp all the time then checking all your cigars weekly is like a TV on a honeymoon:
    Unnesessary

• Options
    VidarienVidarien Posts: 246
    I would agree with kuzi in principle..if you're never going over 70 degrees, theres nothing to be so worried about.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Yeah, I had that problem twice. I freeze EVERYTHING I get in now. I freeze for 3 days minimum (if it's longer it's because I haven't had a chance to move them yet) and then I move them to the fridge for two days. After that, I put them back in the humi.