Home General Discussion
Options

If you could

If you could pick out any cigar from the list here on ccom and your wife would buy it for you for your b-day what would it be?

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Arturo Fuente OpusX Ltd. Ed.
    Camacho Corojo Ltd. Maduro Diploma
    and if we are going "realistic"
    Partagas Black Label

only one?? awe man...
    not that she would buy me ANY.
    she told me when i started down this wonderful road for cigars: "this is all you. I will NEVER buy you any cigars, or cigar related items. ever."

under normal circumstances, this would be a deal breaker, but my wife is to good to be true otherwise...

...and too weird to be something i made up...
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Great, thanks for reminding me that I've never been married and nobody will ever love me ever ever ever ever, brink. Nothing like starting out your Mon. morning in the therapist's office.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    urbino:
    Great, thanks for reminding me that I've never been married and nobody will ever love me ever ever ever ever, brink. Nothing like starting out your Mon. morning in the therapist's office.
    I would say who needs a woman when you've got good cigars, but that would sound oh so gay...in a Freudian way no less. :)

So instead of digging myself into a hole, I'll just say "meh"

If I was married, which I probably won't be...ever, I'd hope my wife would be smart enough and intuitive enough to buy me some of the really nice Padron cigars...the 1964 comes to mind, the Imperial size of course in the natural wrapper. If she couldn't manage that, well I don't think it would work out. And that last line there is why I'm not, and probably never will be, married.
  • Options
    My humor seems to be misfiring, lately. I'm quite happy single. If I weren't, I'd be married. I'm a chick magnet.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    No misfire, I got it. I was actually making a joke of my own too, so, um, yeah. :D

Chick magnet, eh? Must be the bike shorts.
  • Options
    Or my natural muskiness.
  • Options
    havanaalhavanaal Posts: 155 ✭✭
    For you single smokers, some insights into wives and cigar purchasing. 1) Do not ask for high end expensive cigars. The wife will get "sticker shock" and wonder just how much your hobby is draining the checking account. So when she asks what's so great about your $25 cigar, you better say, "I don't know yet, but I've been meaning to try one of these on a special occasion!" Do not say "Thanks honey, I love these!" 2) Do not ask for an extra long premium 90+ minute smoke. She'll never give you time to finish it. I lit my Gurkha Beast not too long ago. She said "When you finish your cigar there's some things I need you to do for me..." There goes the experience! 3) Make sure whatever you put on your list is something you really love. I made the mistake once of telling her that I'd really like some Feunte Candelas--just because I was in the mood and I knew the smoke shop next to her office sold them. So then she told everyone in my office that it was my favorite cigar, and I've been inundated with those those things at every Christmas since! Oh well beggars can't be choosers I guess.
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    I was thinking AF God of Fire, AF OpusX, Sol Cubano Artisan, or Gurkha LXIII Platinum.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    My wife has actually bought me some Padron 1926 and an Ashton ESG! Being married isn't always a bad thing as long as you keep her educated! haha You can tell I'm not worried about her ever looking on this forum!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    PuroFreak:
    My wife has actually bought me some Padron 1926 and an Ashton ESG! Being married isn't always a bad thing as long as you keep her educated! haha You can tell I'm not worried about her ever looking on this forum!

That and your 'sig line' hahaha
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    havanaal:
    For you single smokers, some insights into wives and cigar purchasing. 1) Do not ask for high end expensive cigars. The wife will get "sticker shock" and wonder just how much your hobby is draining the checking account. So when she asks what's so great about your $25 cigar, you better say, "I don't know yet, but I've been meaning to try one of these on a special occasion!" Do not say "Thanks honey, I love these!" 2) Do not ask for an extra long premium 90+ minute smoke. She'll never give you time to finish it. I lit my Gurkha Beast not too long ago. She said "When you finish your cigar there's some things I need you to do for me..." There goes the experience! 3) Make sure whatever you put on your list is something you really love. I made the mistake once of telling her that I'd really like some Feunte Candelas--just because I was in the mood and I knew the smoke shop next to her office sold them. So then she told everyone in my office that it was my favorite cigar, and I've been inundated with those those things at every Christmas since! Oh well beggars can't be choosers I guess.
    lol, well I don't have that bad of a time. I never tell her how much my cigars really cost minus birthday time/xmas time. She knows I spend a few dollars on cigars but it's all in how you do it. I have a few packages sent to my friends house sometimes. I do get crap for spending 2 hours on a cigar but I just take it. I figure she can watch tv, talk on the phone or go shop while I smoke.. All and all she's supportive of my hobbies but like I said, never tell her how much things are...
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    very true.
  • Options
    I've found that I can spend whatever I want on cigars as long as she can spend 1.5-2 times as much on herself!
  • Options
    smbrink:
    I've found that I can spend whatever I want on cigars as long as she can spend 1.5-2 times as much on herself!
    lol.. on with the subject, I would go with gurkha beast or beauty. Also camacho triple maduros. Get a box if you can otherwise a few singles. The AF opusX is nice but I would wait to fire them up.
  • Options
    Here's what I went with:
    Gurkha's Park Avenue, Torpedo, Connecticut
    Java by Drew Estate, Toro, Habano
    Oliva Serie V, Torpedo, Habano
    Sol Cubano Artisan, Sol Cubano Artisan
    Any thoughts? There all smokes I've been eying for awhile. Especially the Artisan.