Home General Discussion

need some assistance

Wine and Cribbage has made the humi get low, been to a few shops to look around but they do not seem to know what they are talking about. I am looking for some nice mild to medium cigars, and the cigar shops keep getting me stronger cigars. Deej has helped me find a few, but need some more... any suggestions? IF this is in the wrong section I apologize but I am a "newb" as deej calls me. Thanks in advanced.

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried any of the cameroons? They tend to be what I would consider medium.
    The list of them is endless, but Torano 1916, Don Tomas Cameroon collection are 2 reasonably priced ones. Cigar.com has some bundles of Cusano Factory Select Cameroons for about $30 for 20 of them and they aren't half bad.

The problem is, that what you consider mild or medium and what someone else considers may be a bit different.

Just a thought.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Have you checked out the San Lotano line? I've tried the all except the maduro. I find the Habano and the Oval to be great medium bodied cigars. The Connecticut is one of the better miles I've tried in a while as well.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My current daily mild to medium stogie is the Gurkha Park Avenue. Also very good are the Reposado '96 Connie or the Oliva reserve Connie. CAO gold is great as is the 5 Vegas gold. And don't forget the Cusano 18 Connie. All good sticks......
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    My current daily mild to medium stogie is the Gurkha Park Avenue. Also very good are the Reposado '96 Connie or the Oliva reserve Connie. CAO gold is great as is the 5 Vegas gold. And don't forget the Cusano 18 Connie. All good sticks......

+1. Love the CAO Gold and the 5V Gold. Haven't tried the Reposado or Oliva, but I plan on sampling as many milder stick as I can. Cameroon or sungrown are my next purchases.
  • SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    Bubba3650:
    Wine and Cribbage has made the humi get low, been to a few shops to look around but they do not seem to know what they are talking about. I am looking for some nice mild to medium cigars, and the cigar shops keep getting me stronger cigars. Deej has helped me find a few, but need some more... any suggestions? IF this is in the wrong section I apologize but I am a "newb" as deej calls me. Thanks in advanced.
    If you haven't yet, I would suggest trying a Padron 3000 and 6000 natty's and if you like them try the same sizes in maduro, and if you like those jump up to the 1964 and 1926 series. Also most everything in the Illusione Epernay line is amazing. The Oliva Serie G is also very good. Hope this helps.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Mild connies:
    Gurkha Park Avenue (can't beat it for the price IMO)
    C.com Purple Label
    Verdadero Organic
    Man O War Virtue
    Perdomo Reserve 10th Champagne
    Ashton original and Ashton Cabinet (more expensive but a step above the others)

Mild maduros:
    Montesino maduro (mildest maduro I've had and great value)
    5Vegas Gold Maduro
    Cusano Paired Maduro (good value too, mild to medium-ish)
    Oliva G maduro
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    +1 on padron natural...the londres is awesome. La riqueza, DPG JJ, quesada, 4 kicks, black market, kristoff, Avo classic and XO, diamond crown, rocky Patel 90, tatauje Havana nobles...all mediums in my book that are very satisfying yet complex enough to build your palate. You will quickly graduate from conny's
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    if you are willing to spend the coin Davidoff makes some pretty amazing smokes. most (if not all) are in the mild-medium range. they are complex, have impeccable construction, and very relaxing.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    Heavy:
    Mild connies:
    Gurkha Park Avenue (can't beat it for the price IMO)
    C.com Purple Label
    Verdadero Organic
    Man O War Virtue
    Perdomo Reserve 10th Champagne
    Ashton original and Ashton Cabinet (more expensive but a step above the others)

Mild maduros:
    Montesino maduro (mildest maduro I've had and great value)
    5Vegas Gold Maduro
    Cusano Paired Maduro (good value too, mild to medium-ish)
    Oliva G maduro
    I agree with most of these bubba, the Perdomo reserve may have a bit much spice for you but its a fantastic stick, I will see if I still have one and and bring it over to you if I do.
  • Bubba3650Bubba3650 Posts: 84
    Now to just start a list so I have all of these great suggestions the next time I head to the smoke shop. Thank you everyone.