Home General Discussion
Options

La Reloba Sumatra problems

jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
i bought 5 of these from next door ( not ccom) in feb, had 1 rott and was ok till halfway and chunked it, had sent the kid one and he had problems , so i found only one i had left and split it open, i found a total of 5 long stems inside, 1 long right in the middle, these were hard and large stems, so anyone i sent one to in a trade just to let you know, i had dated them 2-10-2012, i had 1, kid 1, means i sent 3 out, anyone else had problems with these image

Comments

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Yea JJ as you know about 1/3 in, The sumatra I was smokin went south and I believe it was a result of a stem that burns hotter than the rest of the tobacco, which in turn causes poor draw and awful taste.. I tried to hang with it and see if would get better but it didnt.. I will say I tend to be less patient with poor smokin cigars and I will toss em.
  • Options
    The Kid:
    Yea JJ as you know about 1/3 in, The sumatra I was smokin went south and I believe it was a result of a stem that burns hotter than the rest of the tobacco, which in turn causes poor draw and awful taste.. I tried to hang with it and see if would get better but it didnt.. I will say I tend to be less patient with poor smokin cigars and I will toss em.
    no more le roblas for me,lol
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Weird....I've had no issues with Reloba, and love the Red. I wasn't too thrilled with the Mexico, and I have a few sumatra coronas that have all been tasty. Bad batch man...bummer
  • Options
    I didnt care at all for the Mexico either,,, poor construction
    JJ,,I'll be sure to send you a Mexico,,after all I owe ya,,,lol
  • Options
    The Kid:
    I didnt care at all for the Mexico either,,, poor construction
    JJ,,I'll be sure to send you a Mexico,,after all I owe ya,,,lol
    I think I would agree on the Mexico. The Red's toro's have been solid though for me.
  • Options
    Email My Father...I woudl be interested to see what they'd do, given this was a higher rated blend at one time.
  • Options
    good idea, im going to bag it up and mail it to the company monday
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    i bought 5 of these from next door ( not ccom) in feb, had 1 rott and was ok till halfway and chunked it, had sent the kid one and he had problems , so i found only one i had left and split it open, i found a total of 5 long stems inside, 1 long right in the middle, these were hard and large stems, so anyone i sent one to in a trade just to let you know, i had dated them 2-10-2012, i had 1, kid 1, means i sent 3 out, anyone else had problems with these
    Jimmy, I know you boys in Texas do everything bigger but if you smoked 1 and cut 1 up, and the Kid had 1 (1+1+1=3) you sent 2 out not 3 unless you are doing Canadian math, in which case, my bad. Lol
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    bandyt09:
    jj20030:
    i bought 5 of these from next door ( not ccom) in feb, had 1 rott and was ok till halfway and chunked it, had sent the kid one and he had problems , so i found only one i had left and split it open, i found a total of 5 long stems inside, 1 long right in the middle, these were hard and large stems, so anyone i sent one to in a trade just to let you know, i had dated them 2-10-2012, i had 1, kid 1, means i sent 3 out, anyone else had problems with these
    Jimmy, I know you boys in Texas do everything bigger but if you smoked 1 and cut 1 up, and the Kid had 1 (1+1+1=3) you sent 2 out not 3 unless you are doing Canadian math, in which case, my bad. Lol
    LMAO, I've got one of the two. Haven't smoked it yet. Do I want to ? What's your return policy big guy, lol.
  • Options
    amz1301:
    bandyt09:
    jj20030:
    LMAO, I've got one of the two. Haven't smoked it yet. Do I want to ? What's your return policy big guy, lol.
    send it to the kid, yeah, i was using whitehouse math, my bad,lol, well andrew, you can either smoke it or take your chance thats its ok, or split it up and look and if its bad send it to mf like im going to do,lol , if they do replace the 5 by chance, i will replace those i sent out though , i have a letter enclosed showing where i bought them, order #, conf. #, and tracking #
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    jj20030:
    amz1301:
    bandyt09:
    jj20030:
    send it to the kid, yeah, i was using whitehouse math, my bad,lol, well andrew, you can either smoke it or take your chance thats its ok, or split it up and look and if its bad send it to mf like im going to do,lol , if they do replace the 5 by chance, i will replace those i sent out though , i have a letter enclosed showing where i bought them, order #, conf. #, and tracking #
    Just messing with you. I'll give it a go.
  • Options
    well, i mighta not thought much about the problem with a 1 dollar dog rocket cigar but when this comes outta a factory like MF and i paid for what i thought was a premium cigar,im going to let them know
  • Options
  • Options
    amz1301:
    jj20030:
    amz1301:
    bandyt09:
    jj20030:
    Just messing with you. I'll give it a go.
    JJ I just smoked the AB PRYME and it was loaded with stems too,, think you could send me another one or.....three just to be safe...LOL
  • Options
    did you smoke it really? thoughts
  • Options
    Uh,,,Uh,, {hangs head}.............. no
  • Options
    jj20030:
    Damn,, JJ you OK Bra????;o)
  • Options
    just got a fed ex in, want to say thanks to my father cigars and to general manager- alcides montenegro imageimage
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice JJ
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Awesome customer service there
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew it tasted off, and I remembered this thread. I only got about half way through it. Found 2 stems. A smaller one and this... I'm not in it for the free sticks, but what do you guys think? Should I too, email them to at least let them be aware.
    Uploaded with Snapbucket (Original)
    Uploaded with Snapbucket (Original)
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    maybe they had a bad roller, qc person etc? you see above general magrs. name, he wrote me a personal letter saying that people like me bringing this to thier attention helps and needed to know and thanks me, i sent mine not expecting anything in return and you see how he answered, i rolled up the whole cigar split in half and put in1 bag with the cello/band etc, and another bag i put the sticks in and included a letter stating where i bought them, conf. # and order #,, just google up the my father website for addy if you decide to send it, if you have another from the same time id split it open too, btw, i smoked one of the replaced ones to the nub a few nights ago
  • Options
    jj20030:
    maybe they had a bad roller, qc person etc? you see above general magrs. name, he wrote me a personal letter saying that people like me bringing this to thier attention helps and needed to know and thanks me, i sent mine not expecting anything in return and you see how he answered, i rolled up the whole cigar split in half and put in1 bag with the cello/band etc, and another bag i put the sticks in and included a letter stating where i bought them, conf. # and order #,, just google up the my father website for addy if you decide to send it, if you have another from the same time id split it open too, btw, i smoked one of the replaced ones to the nub a few nights ago
    AMZ and I are still waiting for our replacements,,,lmao
  • Options
    Daniel...is that the corona i sent you???
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    Daniel...is that the corona i sent you???
    Yes it was Dustin. Seesh, with all the mayhem you're causing to peoples mailboxes, I'm surprised you remembered. No hard feelings though brother.
  • Options
    I sent an email today, letting them know that there has been stem issues with this certain cigar. Nothing more nothing less.