Home General Discussion
Options

Nut flavor question

I really like the nut and our maple flavor in cigars. I found a few but need some suggestions. Should I be looking for a certain wrapper or filler.

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have found that in general cigars with Honduran tobacco will be a bit more on the nutty side.
    try the Punch Gran Puro

i have also noticed that since Nicaraguan tobacco has such a signature style/taste to it that blenders are playing up that flavor. if there is any Nicaraguan Tobacco in a cigar now a days, that is about all i taste.

• Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    i have found that in general cigars with Honduran tobacco will be a bit more on the nutty side.
    try the Punch Gran Puro

i have also noticed that since Nicaraguan tobacco has such a signature style/taste to it that blenders are playing up that flavor. if there is any Nicaraguan Tobacco in a cigar now a days, that is about all i taste.

+1 punch was very nutty
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    If you are looking for distinctive nutty flavor then you may try Illusione 888. Word that describes maple flavor also can be replaced by caramely, brown sugar flavor as well. You can find that from some Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro wrapper. For both nutty and caramely, you may try Arturo Fuente's Brevas corona. This cigar is very resonably priced- box of 50 $108. This is a wonderful cigar with sweet, caramely(maple), toasty-nutty flavors. hard to beat the price.
    Messick:
    I really like the nut and our maple flavor in cigars. I found a few but need some suggestions. Should I be looking for a certain wrapper or filler.
  • Options
    MessickMessick Posts: 86
    I really like the 888. That is the flavor I am looking for. Thanks for the suggestions.
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Then try Illusione 888 Maduro. The wrapper is Mexican San Andres Maduro. it has distinctive caramely, sweet flavor which is close to your maple flavor. Also it has the as usual nutty flavor. If you really like this then you may also smoke Illusione 88, cj4, mj12 and hl vitolas. the owner Dion has great access of tobacco from Eduardo Fernandez firm in Nicaragua. he used his tobacco almost in every cigar. Dion is not so much into ligero leaves but he likes Esteli tobacco which has bold, strong flavors. his favorite tobaccos are mostly Corojo 99 and Criollo 98. If you can age them a little, you will love his line even more.
    Messick:
    I really like the 888. That is the flavor I am looking for. Thanks for the suggestions.