Home General Discussion
Options

Custom made Padron 1926 80th Maduro

rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
I attended a social event last night where couple of local prominent business people and the government officials were present. I have been friends with this gentleman for a while. He is a local businessman and friends with Padron family who loves only 1926 line cigars. I always see him smoking Padron 1926 80th Maduro or 1926 number 9. I gave him many good cigars but he never liked any of them except Viaje Oro Reserva #5. He loves P1926 80th Maduro so much that he wanted to enjoy the cigar in a different shape with the same wrapper, binder and tobacco rather than only in perfecto shape. Per his request Jeorge Padron custom made a long Churchill box pressed shape 1926 80th only for him. My friend knows that I collect cigars and always looking for special cigar. I was lucky to enjoy Padron Millennium from his private collection. He gave me one his custom made Padron 1926 80th Maduro last night. He wants to know my opinion. I can't wait to smoke the cigar and compare with the perfecto shape. Here is a picture of them side by side. Photobucket

Comments

• Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    That's awesome, hope it's as good as it looks
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    I think this has been said before but I vote Rip as "The most interesting man in the world" or this years "International man of mystery", lol.

As always nice story to go along with the pick up Ripon.
  • Options
    LOL....you are far too kind Andrew. Life is too short..I simply try to enjoy my life to the fullest. Cigar is my passion and I enjoy not only smoking it but also the surrounding environment and the culture.
    amz1301:
    I think this has been said before but I vote Rip as "The most interesting man in the world" or this years "International man of mystery", lol.

• Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im sure he has been here too andrew,lol, i copied this from a fishing forum i hang out on, guy said he went yesterday ,,>> what he wrote and pictures

Oldest Cigar Merchant in the World

Got to do something pretty cool yesterday. I'm working in London for a while and looked up a couple of cigar shops to go to. Ended up at James J. Fox on St. James Street. A great shop with a pretty fair selection (for London) and very knowledgeable people working in it. One of the owners was telling me the history of the shop. It was founded in 1787 by Robert Lewis in the same exact place is it now. Fox bought it in 1881. They claim to be the oldest cigar shop in the world. They have a museum in the bottom that the lady took me into and showed me around. They are who Winston Churchill bought cigars from and he also smoked them in room upstairs which is their smoking room now. The museum had quite a bit of Churchill's cigar order forms and some of his cigar items. This is also where the Royal Families have purchased their cigars from over the years. The wooden cabinets are what the cigars were shipped in during the 1800's and are worth about $5,000 today. A pretty cool place overall. I normally don't go out of my way to chase down cuban cigars unless they are true well kept cubans. Too expensive and too hard a draw on them since they tend to wrapped tightly. I saw a Juan Lopez brand that I had not heard of before. She said it was the oldest cigar maker in Cuba. I bought one, you don't want to know how much it was (ouch!), and took it upstairs to test drive it. Met a Londoner up there who has fished all over the world including Texas. Was up there about 2 hours. Anyway, the Juan Lopez is the finest cigar I have ever smoked! Very smooth and a great taste all the way down to the very end. I got an hour and 20 minutes out this baby. It was a 6 1/2 X52. Ended up walking out with 4 more that I had never smoked before. Here are a few iphone photos of the place.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    LOL....you are far too kind Andrew. Life is too short..I simply try to enjoy my life to the fullest. Cigar is my passion and I enjoy not only smoking it but also the surrounding environment and the culture.
    amz1301:

XX
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    i did see an interview with that guy that said his favorite cigars are the hemingway , i assume he meant AF
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    jj20030:
    im sure he has been here too andrew,lol, i copied this from a fishing forum i hang out on, guy said he went yesterday ,,>> what he wrote and pictures

Got to do something pretty cool yesterday. I'm working in London for a while and looked up a couple of cigar shops to go to. Ended up at James J. Fox on St. James Street. A great shop with a pretty fair selection (for London) and very knowledgeable people working in it. One of the owners was telling me the history of the shop. It was founded in 1787 by Robert Lewis in the same exact place is it now. Fox bought it in 1881. They claim to be the oldest cigar shop in the world. They have a museum in the bottom that the lady took me into and showed me around. They are who Winston Churchill bought cigars from and he also smoked them in room upstairs which is their smoking room now. The museum had quite a bit of Churchill's cigar order forms and some of his cigar items. This is also where the Royal Families have purchased their cigars from over the years. The wooden cabinets are what the cigars were shipped in during the 1800's and are worth about $5,000 today. A pretty cool place overall. I normally don't go out of my way to chase down cuban cigars unless they are true well kept cubans. Too expensive and too hard a draw on them since they tend to wrapped tightly. I saw a Juan Lopez brand that I had not heard of before. She said it was the oldest cigar maker in Cuba. I bought one, you don't want to know how much it was (ouch!), and took it upstairs to test drive it. Met a Londoner up there who has fished all over the world including Texas. Was up there about 2 hours. Anyway, the Juan Lopez is the finest cigar I have ever smoked! Very smooth and a great taste all the way down to the very end. I got an hour and 20 minutes out this baby. It was a 6 1/2 X52. Ended up walking out with 4 more that I had never smoked before. Here are a few iphone photos of the place.

While in Dublin last year, I entered the JJ Fox store on Grafton St. It wasn't quite that impressive, but it has very much the same look. Let's just say that I enjoyed my time there!
  • Options
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    That was an excellent story. I'm curious how the 80th smokes in that size. Its a fabulous cigar and I think it would be really complex in a churchill.
  • Options
    jj20030:
    Cuba imports cigars from him. LOL
  • Options
    last time when I was in London, I wasn't a cigar smoker. However, this place is full of history and Ofcourse great Cuban puros. definitely, I will go there next time when I am in the city. Thanks for sharing JJ. Does your friend know any cigar store in Istanbul? He seems has great taste.
    jj20030:

• Options
    Indeed, he is interesting..thanks for sharing with us Andrew and JJ.
    amz1301:
  • Options
    ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    amz1301:

Definitely. The dude is a fantastic addition to the board.
  • Options
    Dennis, my assumption is the aroma, flavors will be released straight. the interesting part of a perfecto shape is, it releases the aroma and flavor slowly then open up slowly. In that sense, it will be interesting to see how it releases it. I will smoke it with open mind without any expectation of better or worse. I only have one stick so I need to smoke it carefully.
    dennisking:
    That was an excellent story. I'm curious how the 80th smokes in that size. Its a fabulous cigar and I think it would be really complex in a churchill.
  • Options
    Wish I would have known you were going there a couple months ago. Where I work there were some guys here from Turkey for a couple months when Ford first start importing trans-connects from Turkey. Could have asked one of them for you.
    rzaman:
    last time when I was in London, I wasn't a cigar smoker. However, this place is full of history and Ofcourse great Cuban puros. definitely, I will go there next time when I am in the city. Thanks for sharing JJ. Does your friend know any cigar store in Istanbul? He seems has great taste.
    jj20030:

• Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    jj20030:

Absolutely the most hilarious thing I've seen all week, and that's saying a lot since I work in EMS...
    RZA, incredible story. Thanks for sharing your life and knowledge with us. I'd love to be able to hang with you for just one day and soak up all that you would have to teach me about our glorious hobby and lifestyle.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    Dennis, my assumption is the aroma, flavors will be released straight. the interesting part of a perfecto shape is, it releases the aroma and flavor slowly then open up slowly. In that sense, it will be interesting to see how it releases it. I will smoke it with open mind without any expectation of better or worse. I only have one stick so I need to smoke it carefully.
    dennisking:
    keep us posted. I'm curious about the similarities and differences.
  • Options
    Thanks for your kind note Daniel. I travel a lot and maybe someday will be close to your area or you may come here for a cigar tour. I would like to spend some time and talk about cigar and other staff. I am a open person who enjoy life with others. Life is too short to limit ourself from sharing happyness with others. Life is too short for us to bore ourselves. We should all share our good moments and experience the joy we are living as we are. Life is not perfect, it has never been.
    Toombes:
    jj20030:

Absolutely the most hilarious thing I've seen all week, and that's saying a lot since I work in EMS...
    RZA, incredible story. Thanks for sharing your life and knowledge with us. I'd love to be able to hang with you for just one day and soak up all that you would have to teach me about our glorious hobby and lifestyle.
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Always love reading your posts, I do find them very interesting and intriguing!! Never welcomed ya, by welcome to ccom!!

Shawn
  • Options
    Hi Shawn, thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate it. I am glad to know that you enjoy reading my posts. I have been enjoying my time as well with all the ccom BOTL/SOTLs. It is fun to be here who share the same cigar passion.
    zeebra:
    Always love reading your posts, I do find them very interesting and intriguing!! Never welcomed ya, by welcome to ccom!!

Shawn
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Rza, PM to you sir.