Home General Discussion
Options

Cigar Logo Decals

I ordered a new wine cooler last week and as I eagerly await its arrival and gather the supplies needed to convert it to a wineador I have started working on the all important decal for the front door... since nobody makes these and I own several laser cutters I just cut my own. Here is a test I did using plain white label stock and my office trash can. Lame place to stick such an awesome logo but hey, it is the coolest trash can ever now!!!

So now I gotta decide what I want to put on the wineador... the LG 9 logo is awesome and so is the Viaje SB, and so is the four kicks.... so many to choose from... What do you all think? I can cut thin wood venneer, acrylic, any paper, labels, etc... I think the four kicks logo would look incredible in wood! If any fellow BOTL's want a decal PM me and I will see if I can hook you up. I am not in this to make anything and happy to help. I don't think the copyright owners would care since this is just one brother helping out another!

Brett

Comments

• Options
    oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    I kind of want that trashcan...
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just be careful sierrawest. I was in business with my brother as a graphic designer years ago. I got in trouble with a few businesses/companies (just warnings) for distributing decals of their logos without their permission.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    jailhousejailhouse Posts: 137
    that trash can looks awsome i bet the four kicks would look sweet
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Just be careful sierrawest. I was in business with my brother as a graphic designer years ago. I got in trouble with a few businesses/companies (just warnings) for distributing decals of their logos without their permission.

+1. I did some work graphic design work and we had a b***ch of a time getting copyright authorization to use certain logos. If you're doing for your personal use, you should be ok. Selling them on the open market is a different story, though...
  • Options
    Toombes:
    danielzreyes:

+1. I did some work graphic design work and we had a b***ch of a time getting copyright authorization to use certain logos. If you're doing for your personal use, you should be ok. Selling them on the open market is a different story, though...
    I would NEVER sell these, they are for personal use. I own my own trademarks and guard them. This is for fun and not for profit... this thread seems to have taken an unexpected turn. As I stated in my original post I am not in this to make anything.... just friends. I was just offering to help fellow BOTL's... nothing expected in return!!!!!
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    perhaps, you can start continuing the hobby into a business venture. I will buy anything with Opus X and La palina logos.
    sierrawest:
    I ordered a new wine cooler last week and as I eagerly await its arrival and gather the supplies needed to convert it to a wineador I have started working on the all important decal for the front door... since nobody makes these and I own several laser cutters I just cut my own. Here is a test I did using plain white label stock and my office trash can. Lame place to stick such an awesome logo but hey, it is the coolest trash can ever now!!!

So now I gotta decide what I want to put on the wineador... the LG 9 logo is awesome and so is the Viaje SB, and so is the four kicks.... so many to choose from... What do you all think? I can cut thin wood venneer, acrylic, any paper, labels, etc... I think the four kicks logo would look incredible in wood! If any fellow BOTL's want a decal PM me and I will see if I can hook you up. I am not in this to make anything and happy to help. I don't think the copyright owners would care since this is just one brother helping out another!

Brett
  • Options
    PM to ya, bromandude!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    sierrawest:
    Toombes:
    danielzreyes:

I would NEVER sell these, they are for personal use. I own my own trademarks and guard them. This is for fun and not for profit... this thread seems to have taken an unexpected turn. As I stated in my original post I am not in this to make anything.... just friends. I was just offering to help fellow BOTL's... nothing expected in return!!!!!
    Very cool idea.

I think the guys are just cautioning you to be careful, and not implying that you'd violate someone else's copyright for profit.

Keep up the good work, I'll be interested to see your winecooler when finished.
  • Options
    Toombes:
    PM to ya, bromandude!
    PM back...!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Who knew a trash can could look that cool ... that would be great in a mancave !
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    sierrawest:
    Toombes:
    danielzreyes:

Very cool idea.

I think the guys are just cautioning you to be careful, and not implying that you'd violate someone else's copyright for profit.

+1!
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    j0z3r:
    sierrawest:
    Toombes:
    danielzreyes:

Very cool idea.

+1!
    +2. Just lookin out for you brother.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Toombes:
    j0z3r:
    sierrawest:
    Toombes:
    danielzreyes:

Very cool idea.

+1!
    +2. Just lookin out for you brother.

I own a vinyl cutter myself as part of my business.. there is away around © u can give anything away or you can purchase say a license plate for x amount and I can put anything u want on it. If I am understanding it correctly....
  • Options
    Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    It is a very nice logo forgot to add that