Home General Discussion
Options

What is your "Best Kept Secret" cigar?

What is the cigar that you absolutely LOVE to smoke, but for some reason it flies under the radar, or is overwhelmingly under-priced? What's your secret cheap stick that beats many sticks twice its price? etc.

Comments

• Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    J. Fuego Origin and Padilla Miami. Awesome cigars which can regularly be had for $2.50-$3.50 each. Staples of my humidor.
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Thompson Black Blend
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Probably Gran Habano Vintage 2002 because of its great price point, although pretty much everyone here knows about it so I wouldn't say it flies under the radar.

Cusano Paired Maduro is one that is also good for the price that i don't see people talk about too much. LHC original too.
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    scarlin:
    Thompson Black Blend
    On a serious note probably the mass made A. Fuente blends and a lot of the oliva blends. They can get pretty cheap.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Padron Londres...natty or maddy. Had a Perdomo Habano Maduro today...and it was real tasty
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Fuente Cheateau Sungrown. Under 5 bucks a stick for a great blend.
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    J. Fuego Sangre de Toro Original
    Emilio AF1 Robusto, great price on these
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    amz1301:
    That's the only original I have yet to try. How are those compared to the others? My picks would be 777 maddy and Perdomo lot 23
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    not much of a secret, i talk about em all the time.

JdN Celebracion

• Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Padron Londres...natty or maddy. Had a Perdomo Habano Maduro today...and it was real tasty
    I love love love those little padrons!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Gispert Corona En Tubo. Just a couple of bucks apiece and they remind me a bit of the AJ Fresh Rolled Corona after it has some age on it.
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    danielzreyes:
    amz1301:
    That's the only original I have yet to try. How are those compared to the others? My picks would be 777 maddy and Perdomo lot 23
    I've only had the Sangre and the Origen. My tastes..personally I prefer the Sangre.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Perdomo Habano with either the Habano or Maduro wrappers. Gurkha Park Avenue also flies under the radar.
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    AB 97 Harvest or CAO Italia
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    oh whoa. i've been on this kick of trying to find my ever day cigar. just think i found one today (AB american classic). i need to try the origin, italia, ab 97, etc. thanks guys. this is going to not hurt my wallet (as much) this time around haha.
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭

7-20-4 made by Kurt Kendall. Jalapa grown Habano hybreed wrapper, Indoneshia binder, filler from Esteli and Jalapa. Medium to full bodied.

Four Kicks blended by E.P. Carillo, brand created by Jon Huber, former marketing genius from CAO. After Davidoff took over CAO, Jon left and started his own line. Wrapper Ecuadorian Habano, binder and fillers are from Nifaragua. Some critics say some fillers are Dominican. Straight medium bodied.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Nording and (sorry ccom), CI Legends rocky Patel. Can be bought for under 2 bucks a stick for a toro with lots of caramel sweetness that everyone I've given it to loves.
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    La Riqueza
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    5 Vegas A torp. That is one fine smoke after 9-12 months, and for less than $2!!!
  • Options
    djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    Two words "Diesel Unlimited" These sticks are so cheap and have the taste of a premium.
  • Options
    ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    Verdadero Organic. Capoiera
  • Options
    ug danug dan Posts: 375
    Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte Pamplonas. Nice little cigars.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    ug dan:
    Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte Pamplonas. Nice little cigars.
    I will second that. I love the Panza's. great cheap stick and usually have no problems with them.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I told you it wouldn't be a secret anymore, would it?....

And the cat may already be out of the bag on this one, but the 5V CSII. About $5.50/stick if you buy a box - or keep an eye on the sprint sale, I've seen them go for close to half that.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    Fuente Cheateau Sungrown. Under 5 bucks a stick for a great blend.
    Definitely Fuente Cheateau Sungrown. But since Doc already mentioned this one, I'd have to say AB Tempus Habano & Maduro. I also like the LGC Reserva Flechas Especiales Maduro but that one is a little more at about $6.50-$7.00
  • Options
    wfip51wfip51 Posts: 45
    I would say the Perdomo 10th Anniversary Reserve Maduro Robusto's. Found them on cigar sprint, auctioneer, and cbid for super cheap. Love that stick. You can get them right now for sale for $3.80 a stick (box price)
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Cuba Libre Epicure. Cheap and great.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gran Habano Azteca Fuerte is a solid an cheap smoke that I really love, and 8-5-8 Fuente Sungrown can be had for less than five a pop if you are patient.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    C.A.O. Criollo, Partagas Spanish Rosado, LADC Robusto, & Padron 2000 Maduro
  • Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    90+ Irishman:
    Gran Habano Azteca Fuerte is a solid an cheap smoke that I really love, and 8-5-8 Fuente Sungrown can be had for less than five a pop if you are patient.

+1 on the Azteca Fuerte