Home General Discussion
Options

Wineador -VS- Coolador

Hey everyone, I wanted to post this topic to get some thoughts and feedback on wineadors and cooladors. As of this weekend I purchased a Vintotemp VT-26. The reason I went with this model is, the price, $125 when they are normally between $6-900. Before I purchased the wine cooler I was trying to decide which of the two mass storage options would be best for me. After mother nature decided to throw a 93 degree day at me in the middle of April, I was reminded of how hot the summers are here in Central California so I decided that the best mass storage container for me was going to something that I could control the temp in, which is now why Im starting my wineador build. I've had different cedar humidors over the years holding anywhere from 100--200 sticks, as I become more involved in the forums here, I think Im really going to appreciate the extra room with this wineadore LOL.

I also wanted to write on this topic for all the new BOTL & SOTL that maybe are ready to move out of their first 50 count humi's and are looking for an affordable way to store a whole lot of sticks.

Comments

• Options
    I am in the process of gathering supplies for my first wineador too - same reason, temp control. I don't want to try to keep the temp at 70 degrees in the middle of a hot Texas summer with central air! I will be watching your progress...
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    While I love my cabinet humidor, and wouldn't trade it for anything as it was a wedding gift from my wife, every summer I kinda kick myself for not hinting about a wine cooler instead...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Post pics damnit!
  • Options
    SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    catfishbluezz:
    Post pics damnit!
    Here you go Dustin lol

• Options
    Im still in the beginning stages of set up. Since I bought a unit that has a compressor in it I need to do a compressor conversion to it so the RH will not be sucked out while it's running. Im currently doing the research on the conversion.
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    Smokindaddy:
    catfishbluezz:
    Post pics damnit!
    Here you go Dustin lol

Think I just messed in my pants
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the friendlisest and joking way that I know how to say this, FVCK YOU lol! Jason, that is incredible man and the price makes that even better! Congrats that really is a thing of beauty!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    deejmemixx:
    Smokindaddy:
    catfishbluezz:
    Post pics damnit!
    Here you go Dustin lol

Think I just messed in my pants
    deej, just wait till it's all done, then we'll see what happens in your pants LOL
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    In the friendlisest and joking way that I know how to say this, FVCK YOU lol! Jason, that is incredible man and the price makes that even better! Congrats that really is a thing of beauty!
    That was seriously the nicest FVCK YOU I have ever received, ha ha ha ha ha. Thank you Brett, I cant wait to get it finished and start using it. My brother in law Chris (wfip51) picked up that same model as well. Needless to say, we are pretty excited!!!
  • Options
    wfip51wfip51 Posts: 45
    Ahem. I guess the "*** You's" are aimed at me as well. I got one too and am in the process of airing it out so I can stuff this *** with a bunch of tasty goodies! I'm so excited that after we bought them and were driving home, I peed my pants a little bit. Like just a little bit. Totally worth it.
  • Options
    wfip51:
    Ahem. I guess the "*** You's" are aimed at me as well. I got one too and am in the process of airing it out so I can stuff this *** with a bunch of tasty goodies! I'm so excited that after we bought them and were driving home, I peed my pants a little bit. Like just a little bit. Totally worth it.
    Hey, you told me that wet spot was from your drink. It's all good though, you totally didn't notice the **** I had the whole way home. LOL
  • Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    what????? where did you find it at that price?
  • Options
    415:
    Got really lucky lol. Check your PM
  • Options
    Smokindaddy:
    415:
    did you try to send me a pm? i didnt get anything.
  • Options
    415:
    Smokindaddy:
    415:
    Just sent, check again
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Can you pm me as well please.
  • Options
    Smokindaddy:
    415:
    Smokindaddy:
    415:
    Just sent, check again
    got it
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Can you pm me as well please.
    PM sent
  • Options
    oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    uhm... can you please PM me about this too?!
  • Options
    oldsoulrevival:
    uhm... can you please PM me about this too?!
    PM sent
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Pm info please
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    MVW67:
    Pm info please
    PM sent
  • Options
    wfip51wfip51 Posts: 45
    Lol we told this guy we could probably sell 5-10 more for him. I have his business card if you need it Jason.
  • Options
    wfip51:
    Lol we told this guy we could probably sell 5-10 more for him. I have his business card if you need it Jason.
    That's right, I forgot you grabbed a card. Ive been PM'ing people who want to know, how we acquired the coolers and the guys CL link.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    I would like a PM as well, please.
  • Options
    bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    Can you Pm with the info also ?! Puhlease
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Can I get a PM?
  • Options
    BigT06: