Home Ratings & Reviews

CAO gold maddy and 5v gold maddy

ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
Curious if any one has smoked both of these and if you could offer your thoughts on both. I have had the CAO gold maddy and i really enjoyed it. Wanted to know how the 5v gold maddy compared to it.

Comments

• ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    I think the cao is far and away the better of the two.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    In my humble opinion,, dont even waste your time with the 5 vegas gold maddy since you found one of the best straight forward med maddys.. I love the CAO gold maddy if your looking at something comparable I would suggest the Perdomo lot 23 maddy or the Carlos Torano virtuoso for a little more try the Carlos Torano Exodus 50 Year .. I have tried the 5 vegas gold maddy and found them to be not very good at all
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    The Kid:
    In my humble opinion,, dont even waste your time with the 5 vegas gold maddy since you found one of the best straight forward med maddys.. I love the CAO gold maddy if your looking at something comparable I would suggest the Perdomo lot 23 maddy or the Carlos Torano virtuoso for a little more try the Carlos Torano Exodus 50 Year .. I have tried the 5 vegas gold maddy and found them to be not very good at all
    I have always wanted to try the lot 23. I will have to pick up the natural and the maddy on my next order.
    Imgembo:
    The Kid:
    I have always wanted to try the lot 23. I will have to pick up the natural and the maddy on my next order.
    They are good. the reg Lot 23 was one of my first box purchases. I think you will enjoy both.. theyre both med and these days I prefer the lot 23 maddy over the two
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    ndhaon91:
    ^this
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    If you dig that try the perdomo habano maduro. I just got turned on to those a few days ago.
    Jetmech_63:
    If you dig that try the perdomo habano maduro. I just got turned on to those a few days ago.
    I recently got bombed with one from Royln,(Smoke em if You Got Em), Ill check it out later today!!!
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I've had them both and have to agree that the CAO was better. That's my opinion, you may think differently.
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    I got one of the CAO GMs from Rudy a while back, and it is by far the better IMO.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigT06:
    ndhaon91:
    ^this
    ^I'll third(?) this. It's been a while since I've had either one - but from what I remember I could not make it through the 5V Gold Maddy, it was that bad.
    I tried the 5V GM on 3 separate occasions, since I like everything else 5V I figured it was just a bum batch, but none of the 5V Gold Maddy were good. It's just not pleasant IMHO.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    I think of the 5Vegas Gold maddy much like the Gurkha Park Avenue maddy: the connecticut versions are much better (although I think the Park Ave connie is much better than any of them). Now for the price none of them are terrible IMO. But it seems like they just threw a maduro wrapper on the original blends of both the 5V Gold and the Park Ave, without tweaking the blend to compliment the new wrapper. They just don't seemed balanced like their connecticut counterparts I guess is what I'm trying to say.
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    Read my mind i was going to ask how the 5v compared to its conny brother. i love the 5v gold original blend.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Heavy:
    I think of the 5Vegas Gold maddy much like the Gurkha Park Avenue maddy: the connecticut versions are much better (although I think the Park Ave connie is much better than any of them). Now for the price none of them are terrible IMO. But it seems like they just threw a maduro wrapper on the original blends of both the 5V Gold and the Park Ave, without tweaking the blend to compliment the new wrapper. They just don't seemed balanced like their connecticut counterparts I guess is what I'm trying to say.
    5V definitely tweaked the blend, while Gurkha produced the first PA maddies as a mistake and thus did not tweak the blend that I'm aware of. IMO the 5V Gold Maduro is far superior to both the 5V Gold and Gurkha PA Maduro. I'd put the Gurkha PA connie above all of them, though. I haven't had the CAO or any of the other maduros mentioned here, but I quite liked the 5V Gold Maduro with a cup of hot chocolate.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    I'd have to agree with the 5vguillotine gold maduro being much better than the regular gold, i 'd have to say its about as different as the A and AAA blends.