Home General Discussion
Options

birthday cigar

415415 Posts: 951
if you were to buy one box of cigars for your birthday what would it be?? i need some ideas

Comments

• Options
    bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    Considering my bday is in a couple of weeks.. I cant decide on either a box of airbenders along with a box of double ligeros or 1 box of anejo sharks...so i guess thats what i`d go with? Ha Ohh the drastic choices we face.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Mine is coming up too...personally, Padron 45th. Either that, or I'd have to lean towards Siglo VI or RA EL11's.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Camacho Diploma Maduro

If your budget is more friendly than mine is... Cohiba 5 Maduro
  • Options
    well im set on anejo sharks and airbenders..... and as far as padron goes i have the 80th maduro... still have yet to burn the sig VI i have, so i might have to do that soon to see if i like em....... and have more than a box of the ra el's
  • Options
    Hmmm....Upmann 2's or Monte 2's, RASS.... Plenty of good choices out there ;)
  • Options
    BigT06:
    Camacho Diploma Maduro

never tried the diploma maduro........... as far as budget goes... ive decided to skip throwing myself a party this year and just have a BBQ with friends . which means i should be able to spend a little more on cigars than normal this year
  • Options
    415:
    BigT06:
    Camacho Diploma Maduro

never tried the diploma maduro........... as far as budget goes... ive decided to skip throwing myself a party this year and just have a BBQ with friends . which means i should be able to spend a little more on cigars than normal this year
    In that case... I'd try to find a master cab of Tatuaje La Verite 2009s... amazing cigars.
  • Options
    BigT06:
    415:
    BigT06:
    Camacho Diploma Maduro

In that case... I'd try to find a master cab of Tatuaje La Verite 2009s... amazing cigars.
    you liked the 09 better than the 08?
  • Options
    BigT06:
    415:
    BigT06:
    Camacho Diploma Maduro

I was just talking to Zach about that smoke... Hearing alot of chatter about it
  • Options
    415:
    BigT06:
    415:
    BigT06:
    Camacho Diploma Maduro

you liked the 09 better than the 08?
    Yes. By a long shot.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    415:
    BigT06:
    Camacho Diploma Maduro

I can help you in this department. When I first got in the hobby, that's all I smoke was Camacho. I still have half a box of those Kevin. I will add that to the list. Hell of smoke, eat a hearty meal before smoking it. Or that's your, well you get where I was going with that, lol....

Edit: I almost forgot. I would do a cab of Illusione Epernay '09 Le Ferme or Zino Platinum Z-Class 550-R. I'm really digging them right now. Yeah, then I could try and persuade you into trading some :)....

• Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can find them, the Bolivar Inmensas.
  • Options
    jailhousejailhouse Posts: 137
    mine is in a couple weeks to. i would get cohiba red dot but thats just me
  • Options
    wfip51wfip51 Posts: 45
    Mine's in June and I would love to have a box of Illusione Epernay Le Taureau's or a Cab of Epernay Le Elegance.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    i highly suggest a box of gurkha his majesty's reserve.
  • Options
    mannishmannish Posts: 6
    Something from Cuba. If money is not object Esplendido or Trini Funadores otherwise I would consider Juan Lopez sel #2, or San Cristobal.....It almost certainly be from cuba   
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Bolivar Brittanicas. Limited edition (3000 boxes made). Highly sought after and a Bolivar, which is my favorite marca.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    jliu:
    i highly suggest a box of gurkha his majesty's reserve.
    LOL

I usually keep a running list of what I want to buy throughout the year so when I either get room in the budget or have an excuse to pick myself up something, I just grab the next thing on the list. For me its either a box of DPG Blues or Camacho Diploma (habano not the maduro)
  • Options
    RCY Cigars:
    415:
    BigT06:
    Camacho Diploma Maduro

I can help you in this department. When I first got in the hobby, that's all I smoke was Camacho. I still have half a box of those Kevin. I will add that to the list.
    BR>
    what is this list you speak of????

great suggestions guys.... seeing as how my bday is too soon to order CC's lets hear some more NC suggestions
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Anejo is one of my favs but it depends on the budget. Tat Cojonu from any year would be good as well.
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Padron 1929 #9, Padron 1926 80th Maduro, Camacho 11/18, Davidoff Mellenium Blend.
    415:
    if you were to buy one box of cigars for your birthday what would it be?? i need some ideas
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    dennisking:
    Anejo is one of my favs but it depends on the budget. Tat Cojonu from any year would be good as well.
    I couldn't agree with you more on the Anejos, or the Tats I'm sure also. I've never had any of the Cojonus, but I have 1 from each year just waiting for that special occasion.
  • Options
    dennisking:
    i alway have atleast 1 box of anejos in the cooler.
  • Options
    415:
    dennisking:
    On that note, which one is your favorite? I've only had one, gifted to me by Kuzi when we herfed, and I believe it was the 48? I have several others sitting, but I have to say, the one and only blew me away. I have honestly been thinking about it ever since!
  • Options
    rzaman:
    Padron 1929 #9, Padron 1926 80th Maduro, Camacho 11/18, Davidoff Mellenium Blend.
    415:
    hmmm... i do need to buy another box of mellenium lanceros......
  • Options
    OchoZacho:
    415:
    dennisking:
    On that note, which one is your favorite? I've only had one, gifted to me by Kuzi when we herfed, and I believe it was the 48? I have several others sitting, but I have to say, the one and only blew me away. I have honestly been thinking about it ever since!
    thats a tough one.... 77 46 and 55
  • Options
    415:
    OchoZacho:
    415:
    dennisking:
    Are the sharks that good? I'm always leery of odd perfecto shapes.
  • Options
    OchoZacho:
    415:
    OchoZacho:
    415:
    dennisking:
    Are the sharks that good? I'm always leery of odd perfecto shapes.
    ive yet to have had a bad anejo, and ive had them all. i love the sharks but i do run into burn issues with them from time to time. (would probably be helped by dry boxing but i never seem to think that far ahead)
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    I'm on the same boat, my b-day is in 2 weeks and don't know what im gonna get or smoke that day