Home Non Cigar Related

The view from my front door...

ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
Since I spend more time at work than I do at home, just curious about what everyone else sees out the door...
Sitting in the bay at the FD
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Comments

• KriegerKrieger Posts: 337
    im jealous!!! my company would never let me light up while on the box.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Krieger:
    im jealous!!! my company would never let me light up while on the box.

The company I work for is a privately owned FD who also own the ambulance service. As long as we show up, virtually anything goes. Really laid back, almost everyone here is related in some form or fashion. We have fun but we also keep our training up to date and do A LOT of drills.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toombes,
    That is a cool set up. Relaxing at work, now that is what it's all about. LOL!

On a good day, this is what I see outside my office. It is actually a couple hundred yards from my office.
    They aren't there every day, but sometimes they come out quite a bit.

This is where I work in the winter. LOL!

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    Toombes,

On a good day, this is what I see outside my office. It is actually a couple hundred yards from my office.

is that the elk herd outside of Reedsport? I grew up in Coos Bay.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    Toombes,

Awesome view, Tony! I visited Oregon a couple of times while I was stationed in Cali. Loved it because it reminded me of home.
    dennisking:
    In Warrenton. Just on the coast by Astoria. They are a herd that runs behind the shop I work at. Sometimes they can be a bit of a nuisance.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    0patience:
    dennisking:
    In Warrenton. Just on the coast by Astoria. They are a herd that runs behind the shop I work at. Sometimes they can be a bit of a nuisance.
    My wife and I, along with 2 great friends of ours, took a motorcyle tour of the Oregon coast. We saw the elk by Reedsport. Thanks for reminding me of a great trip. I'll have to look for the pictures...
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    dennisking:
    that's cool. I live outside Salem so we normally head to Lincoln City or Tillamook. Good to meet more Oregonians.
  • Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    Toombes,

I am so freaking jealous.....Look at all that snow...Me thinks this needs to be where my family has Christmas next year.......
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Medic45:

I am so freaking jealous.....Look at all that snow...Me thinks this needs to be where my family has Christmas next year.......

Nah! I don't recommend that. If you come out here to the left coast you'd never want to go back to KY. :-D

And then, if you stayed out here, you'd be scorned and reviled like the rest of us lefties. LOL
    Medic45:

I should probably clarify that I work in the mountain passes during the winter. On the coast itself, we don't see near that amount of snow.

I take care of snow removal equipment during the winter. If a snow plow or truck breaks, I go out and repair it.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said: