Home General Discussion
Options

Would this work?

deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
http://greenbay.craigslist.org/for/2959417835.html

how much do you think it would cost to line it with spanish ceder? Oh... and I think 75 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much for it.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Do it, that would be awesome dood. I'm sure you could talk them down after you inspect it...
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    That is sweet, may have to do a little work to make it seal well, but think it would definitely be worth the investment!
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    That would be a killer humidor!!! This being said, ever hear the Denis Leary bit about smoking pot leading to carpentry? Starting to think the same goes for cigars...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    That would be a killer humidor!!! This being said, ever hear the Denis Leary bit about smoking pot leading to carpentry? Starting to think the same goes for cigars...
    I was a regular maguiver back in those days
  • Options
    SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    Deej, that is awesome. It would make one kick a$$ humidor after you put a little work into it.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^Yep - I agree with all these dude - that looks pretty bada$$. I'm sure you can make it work with a little time and some elbow grease. Just make sure the woods not rotting and there's no mold damage, I'd imagine that would get you into some trouble.

And if you want to line the whole interior with 1/4 SC boards I'd bet it's at least $100 for the wood but it's hard to tell how big this is....
    As a reference though, for me to completely line my small trunk/coolidor - which had inside dimensions of about 12x12x22 inches it cost me a little over $100 and that was the cheapest I could find the boards for, just FYI.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    ^^Yep - I agree with all these dude - that looks pretty bada$$. I'm sure you can make it work with a little time and some elbow grease. Just make sure the woods not rotting and there's no mold damage, I'd imagine that would get you into some trouble.

And if you want to line the whole interior with 1/4 SC boards I'd bet it's at least $100 for the wood but it's hard to tell how big this is....
    As a reference though, for me to completely line my small trunk/coolidor - which had inside dimensions of about 12x12x22 inches it cost me a little over $100 and that was the cheapest I could find the boards for, just FYI.
    Mold's a good point, make sure it doesn't smell musty...not sure how you'd salvage it from that, though there could definitely be a way.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    deejmemixx:

how much do you think it would cost to line it with spanish ceder? Oh... and I think 75 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much for it.
    I would think the wood would cost around $100 to just line it, and then more if you want trays. I lined something just larger than this with a middle divider and 7 trays for $280
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    deejmemixx:

I would think the wood would cost around $100 to just line it, and then more if you want trays. I lined something just larger than this with a middle divider and 7 trays for $280
    the chest is 37x19x22, I do not think he is going to drop from the 75 for it.