Home Cigar 101
Options

A different removing celo question :-)

So I know the traditional question is a heated debate. I take the celo off my aging sticks and leave it on the ones that get search through all the time. Here's my new question. when you buy a 5-pack, is the celo that holds the five together the same stuff that wraps individual cigars? Wondering if I put a 5-pack in my humi if I need to separate the sticks or if I can just through the whole 5-pack in there? Thanks! Matt

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I would think it is only a plastic packing wrap, not the same as cello, can't say for sure though. In any event, whenever I get a bundle or a five pack wrapped in plastic, I use my trusty little knife to cut some air slots in the plastic, that way the pack stays together but still gets some air exchange.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    I would think it is only a plastic packing wrap, not the same as cello, can't say for sure though. In any event, whenever I get a bundle or a five pack wrapped in plastic, I use my trusty little knife to cut some air slots in the plastic, that way the pack stays together but still gets some air exchange.
    Hey joe, Would you do that with a box that you plan to age for a while too. Or do you unwrap it completely ?
  • Options
    Unwrap the box but don't break the seal. And if I plan to age it, I take a sharpie marker and write the month and year on the front.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Unwrap the box but don't break the seal. And if I plan to age it, I take a sharpie marker and write the month and year on the front.
    Dating the box is a must.. But I always remember when I got it.. I sometimes pull a couple out of the box and add a water pillow.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    Dating the box is a must.. But I always remember when I got it.. I sometimes pull a couple out of the box and add a water pillow.
    Yeah, I'll usually pull from the boxes and smoke one every so often. If we're talking strict box aging, no peeking like with my 1495/1994, then I leave the seal intact so that I won't be tempted...if I can't open the box, then I can't see what's inside. Eh, we'll see how that reasoning works out in the long run.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    Yeah, I'll usually pull from the boxes and smoke one every so often. If we're talking strict box aging, no peeking like with my 1495/1994, then I leave the seal intact so that I won't be tempted...if I can't open the box, then I can't see what's inside. Eh, we'll see how that reasoning works out in the long run.
    The 1495/1994 was the exception to the rule, they are quietly resting in my.... Wait a minute, they are calling me from the other room... SHUT UP<< I AM NOT GOING TO SMOKE YOU.. Damn things won't stop calling me.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    The 1495/1994 was the exception to the rule, they are quietly resting in my.... Wait a minute, they are calling me from the other room... SHUT UP
    <br? I have a sound proof humi I can keep those in for you Kas....you'll never hear anything from them again heh heh heh
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    gmill880:
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    The 1495/1994 was the exception to the rule, they are quietly resting in my.... Wait a minute, they are calling me from the other room... SHUT UP

I have a sound proof humi I can keep those in for you Kas ....You'll never hear anything from them again heh heh heh ...