Home General Discussion
Options

Oliva V Maduro

bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
Does anybody know about when Oliva releases the newest batch? when was the release last year? i want a box of them and don't want to miss them.

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    From what I've read, the release was a one time deal. I guess because of the fermentation process they use and the aging required, it took quite some time to make the leaf they had, and they used it all up. I don't know if they plan to do another run sometime, but I'd hope so. 75,000 just isn't very many cigars to go around.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    bacon.jay:
    Does anybody know about when Oliva releases the newest batch? when was the release last year? i want a box of them and don't want to miss them.
    Hey Jay check your private messages.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    From what I've read, the release was a one time deal. I guess because of the fermentation process they use and the aging required, it took quite some time to make the leaf they had, and they used it all up. I don't know if they plan to do another run sometime, but I'd hope so. 75,000 just isn't very many cigars to go around.
    if you looked on the box of the V maduro you will see that it has a date on them. "oliva series V maduro 2008" (if i remember correctly)

this leads me to believe that there are more on the way, maybe in a different size/shape.

2009...? why else would you have a date? the date woud distinguish between the releases/blends.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    they appear in CComs catalog... not on the site though.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I just ordered a box from Tim. They have them. Give Tim a call.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    j0z3r:
    if you looked on the box of the V maduro you will see that it has a date on them. "oliva series V maduro 2008" (if i remember correctly)

this leads me to believe that there are more on the way, maybe in a different size/shape.

2009...? why else would you have a date? the date woud distinguish between the releases/blends.
    Or it could just be a box date, simply to say these were made in 2008 and not an implication of future releases. I don't know...frankly I don't care. If they release more great, if they don't, whatever.
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    so much for cutting back, aye..? =)
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Sorry about that. They are online now under the V brand page. Only 20 boxes left!
  • Options
    I'm going to have to fire one up today or tomorrow and hopefully get a box if I like them.. Thanks for the update Alex.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    rwheelwright:
    so much for cutting back, aye..? =)
    Yeah, what can I say? :-)
  • Options
    I had one tonight I loved it, but it got really harsh after the midway part. I'm thinking it is because it needs some time to rest. I'd love to get a box though. I'm hoping they stay in stock till Friday, 'cause it's a keeper. Strangely enough I wasn't a big fan of the Regular V.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    I had one tonight I loved it, but it got really harsh after the midway part. I'm thinking it is because it needs some time to rest. I'd love to get a box though. I'm hoping they stay in stock till Friday, 'cause it's a keeper. Strangely enough I wasn't a big fan of the Regular V.
    sent you a pm
  • Options
    timbtimb Posts: 353 ✭✭✭

I may even be able to grant a FORUM discount as well.

email me and see what I can do.  only 11 boxes left!!

• Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    hrmmm....ordered a box this morning
  • Options
    Just ordered a box as well. Tim made me a great deal and even threw in a couple 5 Vegas Relics. Great customer service Ccom and thanks Tim!
  • Options
    timb:

I may even be able to grant a FORUM discount as well.

email me and see what I can do.  only 11 boxes left!!

sent ya an email tim
  • Options
    I'm almost tempted to get another box but I have 18 so I think I am in good shape for now.
  • Options
    Tim do you check your email?
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    I'm almost tempted to get another box but I have 18 so I think I am in good shape for now.
    18, why not 28...
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    rwheelwright:
    18, why not 28...
    You're killing me!
  • Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    Yup, i picked up a box of these this morning. Tim really hooked me up! Ccom service is the best.
  • Options
    I can't use my CC online until I get my new one. They killed online access to my card due to a company getting hacked and my card being one of those numbers. They mailed my new one out so I have to wait to order.
  • Options
    that sucks. oh well 1 less person I have to worry about getting a box... lol
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Heartless squirrel
  • Options
    To be honest, I liked the V Maduro but liked the V better. Besides, with how much I have to smoke it will take me years to get through that 18. I haven't had a GoF from my original order since 2007. I did have one from my order last year when the Torpedos came out but I have 9 more of those. Same with the Partagas 150. I had one and maybe I'll have 1 this year and one every year until I am out. Ration baby.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    All this rationing talk is making me nervous
  • Options
    bbc020:
    Heartless squirrel
    hehe
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    To be honest, I liked the V Maduro but liked the V better. Besides, with how much I have to smoke it will take me years to get through that 18. I haven't had a GoF from my original order since 2007. I did have one from my order last year when the Torpedos came out but I have 9 more of those. Same with the Partagas 150. I had one and maybe I'll have 1 this year and one every year until I am out. Ration baby.
    hmmm, well you can send whatever maduros to me as I really like them. wasn't a fan of the V though. I have some of those if you want..? (how many I have to look..)