Home Cigar 101
Options

Chisel Tips

scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
When pinching, do you pinch the top and bottom or the sides to open it up?

Comments

• Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sides.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Great question. I've actually always wondered this myself although I have yet to have anything with a chisel tip.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Think that was one of the first questions I asked when I joined up. I had cut my first one
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda like opening up peanuts.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I squeeze the sides.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    This is good to know. I just bought my first chisel tip today, an LFD double ligero. I might have also thrown one in a bomb that is going out tomorrow...
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And with this thread, I've learned something new today. Glad you brought up this question, scarlin.
    I only have 1 chisel tip in my humi and I've never smoked one before. So I've been wondering what I should do when I decide to smoke it....and now I know.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Sometimes depending on how it opens up I will cut it after opening it anyway. Squeezing the sides will open it, but sometimes I still don't like the draw so I will tip it as well.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    Sometimes depending on how it opens up I will cut it after opening it anyway. Squeezing the sides will open it, but sometimes I still don't like the draw so I will tip it as well.
    You mean after you squeeze it open you cut a little off the tip (if the draw is too tight)? I have one Chisel tip and thinking baout smoking it this weekend. Never had one before.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Punch the top flat.
  • Options
    KCW:
    laker1963:
    You mean after you squeeze it open you cut a little off the tip (if the draw is too tight)? I have one Chisel tip and thinking baout smoking it this weekend. Never had one before.
    Yes, that is exactly what I do. If it doesn't need it I won't and sometimes in doesn't need it until I am part way thru the stick.
  • Options
    docbp87:
    Punch the top flat.
    I haven't tried this way Doc. Does it "feel" different in the way it delivers the draw?
  • Options
    laker1963:
    KCW:
    laker1963:
    Yes, that is exactly what I do. If it doesn't need it I won't and sometimes in doesn't need it until I am part way thru the stick.
    Great! Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    docbp87:
    Punch the top flat.
    I like this method as well.
  • Options
    StrongStyleStrongStyle Posts: 221
    I always pinch the sides. Love those LFC chisels.
  • Options
    Bucking_WBucking_W Posts: 208 ✭✭
    Interesting, I'll have to try this. Thanks for the info on this one.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    I squeeze the sides.
    This worked well today.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    KCW:
    kaspera79:
    I squeeze the sides.
    This worked well today.
    What worked well, smoking it backwards? LOL.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    Punch the top flat.
    Agreed with this lfd suggests to punch it
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    docbp87:
    Punch the top flat.
    Agreed with this lfd suggests to punch it

+1
  • Options
    stadstad Posts: 396 ✭✭
    Open what up? Just cut and smoke... The shape is part of what makes it enjoyable to smoke.