Home Cigar 101
Options

Flavored Cigars

ScottUScottU Posts: 194
Are you not supposed to have flavored cigars in the same humidor as non flavored, or just not touching? I've got two that I received as gifts that I'm debating on getting rid of if there is chance it'll ruin my decent smokes...

Comments

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    ScottU:
    Are you not supposed to have flavored cigars in the same humidor as non flavored, or just not touching? I've got two that I received as gifts that I'm debating on getting rid of if there is chance it'll ruin my decent smokes...
    No need to throw them out, just DON'T keep them in the same Humidor with your regulars.. Use Tupperware or even a zip lock bag with a water pillow and keep the seperated.. being close is as bad as touching in this case.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    ScottU:
    <br? So your saying the flavored are not 'decent'? Have you tried them?What are they?....Hmmm. Some 'infused' cigars are quite tasty although not everyone likes them just as everyone has different opinions on non-infused smokes. Hold on, its the phone. Its Jonathan Drew from Drew Estates, he would like to speak to you Scott.....
  • Options
    ScottU:
    <br? So your saying the flavored are not 'decent'? Have you tried them?What are they?....Hmmm. Some 'infused' cigars are quite tasty although not everyone likes them just as everyone has different opinions on non-infused smokes. Hold on, its the phone. Its Jonathan Drew from Drew Estates, he would like to speak to you Scott.....
  • Options
    ScottU:

So Scott are you saying because they are flavored they are not 'decent smokes' ? Some infused cigars are quite tasty although not everyone's cup of tea. Have you smoked the kind you got as a gift before and what kind are they? I personally find Java and Tabak Especial very good. And no , abosolutely do not mix them with your 'decent' smokes (you wouldn't want them to know your cheating on them) and it can affect the flavor. Hold on, its the phone, .....Hello.....yes.....yes.....ok...hey Scott its for you, some guy named Jonathan Drew would like to speak to ya....
  • Options
    LOL! I wasn't saying that flavored are bad at all (Go check out my comment in your infuzed humi thread :) I just don't want a $2 flavored cigar to ruin any of my cigars that i payed $15 - $25 for. Personally I love DE - The acid line is what made me start smoking, and the java is incredible! Just been waiting to try some naturals! One of them is a havana honey, the other is a CAO earth something or other, like 30 x3 (Tiny)
  • Options
    ScottU:
    LOL! I wasn't saying that flavored are bad at all (Go check out my comment in your infuzed humi thread :) I just don't want a $2 flavored cigar to ruin any of my cigars that i payed $15 - $25 for. Personally I love DE - The acid line is what made me start smoking, and the java is incredible! Just been waiting to try some naturals! One of them is a havana honey, the other is a CAO earth something or other, like 30 x3 (Tiny)

I can understand that. The Java is one of my favorites as well...if you get a chance to try the Natural Juicy Lucy , this is one of the most flavorable cigars I have ever smoked, Yeah you def do not want to mix with the premium or any non-flavored/infused. I have a seperate 60 ct humi for my infused because I keep so many. The DE Kahlua Torpedos are what got me started on cigars so I owe a debt of gratitude to DE if for no other reason.
  • Options
    Aye, my first was the kuba kuba - Now i spend all my extra cash on cigars! Thanks alot DE! :)
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    ScottU:
    Of the Natural line, try the Clean Robusto.. It has a mild Vanilla taste that doesn't disguise the great tobacco body.. One of my favorite Drew Cigars.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I have never once had a desire to get a flavored cigar. Not saying anything bad about them, they just don't appeal to me. Then again, I drink my coffee black and don't go near places like Starbucks. I want to experience the real taste and flavor of something, and for some reason, I've convinced myself that flavored cigars are muddling that.

So maybe I'm wrong.
  • Options
    Luko:
    So maybe I'm wrong.
    Oh, you are! :P

But seriously though, I've tried some other brands of flavored cigars and have hated, Hated, HATED them. Drew Estate seems to keep the basis on the tobacco with a little 'sumpin special' here and there. Quite enjoyable....
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    CAO did an ok job with a few, but i still cant get into em.
  • Options
    SlickRSSlickRS Posts: 44
    I love flavored smokes. Tatiana classic vanilla. But I'm new to the cigar game. I understand it's not for everyone. Keep them seperated. Two humidors.
  • Options
    JKTexJKTex Posts: 92
    Luko:
    I have never once had a desire to get a flavored cigar. Not saying anything bad about them, they just don't appeal to me. Then again, I drink my coffee black and don't go near places like Starbucks. I want to experience the real taste and flavor of something, and for some reason, I've convinced myself that flavored cigars are muddling that.

So maybe I'm wrong.

If you think Starbucks is only about double frapsweetcakecarmelcocolattemachiato frozen coffee drinks, you're missing out.

They have a pretty nice array of beans form around the world.  While I try not to go broke buying drinks there unless it's just more convenient, I do buy my espresso beans there.

Check out the beans they do have.  They usually have a few different ones brewing. 

I also get a kick out of hearing some people order their drinks!  It's like the punchline of a joke where the punchline is the joke.  Big Smile [:D]

Oh, and I do enjoy a Java every now and then.  I just put a box of corona's in my humi.  They don't really smoke like a "flavored" cigar, but they're like a light, small and pretty quick piece of chocolate cake in the evening.  Wink [;)]