Home General Discussion
Options

I Would Like to See More Deals Involving Cigar Cases

OP ED by jlzimmerman:

I don't have a cigar case, but I desperately need one. If I take a stogie with me it is often in my old AVO XO single stogie metal tube. I'm cheap, what can I say? Anywho, I need a 2 or 3-finger cigar case. When I browsed the new catalog last night I was hoping for one of those "buy X sample and get a free 2-finger case deal." I'm seeing less and less of these types of deals these days. I know of one site from which I ordered before that has these deals quite frequently, but they don't put the fine touches on handling and care like cigar.com. This particular site's stogies arrived in less than optimal condition and were dry. This made jlz a sad panda.

I'll continue to browse cigar.com in hopes to one day fine a good deal with a cigar case.

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i had the same issue. I just broke down and bought one.
  • Options
    brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    Last year Gurkha had a "secret" promo that if you signed up for one of their catalogs they sent the catalog, a hat, 3 finger cigar case with 3 cigars in it. I was fortunate enough to get one. This didn't last long as once the internets found out it was all over. Its been a handy little case.
  • Options
    VidarienVidarien Posts: 246
    I cant guarantee youll find a deal on it, aside of maybe a lucky ebay find but the xikar envoy 3-finger is a really really nice case. I use one myself.
  • Options
    plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    brc81:
    Last year Gurkha had a "secret" promo that if you signed up for one of their catalogs they sent the catalog, a hat, 3 finger cigar case with 3 cigars in it. I was fortunate enough to get one. This didn't last long as once the internets found out it was all over. Its been a handy little case.
    Now you can't even get a catalog. Iv'e requested on three times in the last five months and have yet to get one.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    A good case is something I need also. At the RP event I'm going to next week they are offering a free case, cutter, and some other freebies if you buy 10 or more RP cigars. I might just split a box with a buddy of mine but I'm not sure yet. Just a nice 3 or 4 finger case would be perfect for taking a few smokes with me to the golf course or out on the boat while fishing.
  • Options
    smokestersmokester Posts: 131
    If you look on cigarobsession.com he has a link to a deal.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    PuroFreak:
    A good case is something I need also. At the RP event I'm going to next week they are offering a free case, cutter, and some other freebies if you buy 10 or more RP cigars. I might just split a box with a buddy of mine but I'm not sure yet. Just a nice 3 or 4 finger case would be perfect for taking a few smokes with me to the golf course or out on the boat while fishing.
    I'm trying to save out enough to do the same thing, lol. I might end up buying an entire box though. It really depends on how much I can part with. Luckily, I get paid the following Friday, so I shouldn't take too much of a hit.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I missed Rocky last time he was in town for an event so I'm excited about this one! I've heard he is a hell of a nice guy and a lot of fun to talk to. It should be a great event.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    PuroFreak:
    I missed Rocky last time he was in town for an event so I'm excited about this one! I've heard he is a hell of a nice guy and a lot of fun to talk to. It should be a great event.
    I've heard the same thing, from this very forum. Needless to say, I'm really looking forward to going.
  • Options
    bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    plaidbanana1:
    brc81:
    Now you can't even get a catalog. Iv'e requested on three times in the last five months and have yet to get one.
    I remember that...maybe a little over a year ago? Anyways I heard about it on another forum so I went ahead and signed up. I was mostly interested in the catalog, but I wouldn't be upset if they sent the free stuff.

A couple of weeks went by, and nothing. I even signed up again and didn't even get an email back from them. You figured they could have at least sent the catalog.