Home Ratings & Reviews

reviews for lighters and ashtrays

jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
Hi Guys. I'm in the market for a new ashtray and lighter. Any recommendations based on your personal experience? I've been looking at those stinky ashtrays on sprint sale but keep losing haha. In terms of lighters, I've read new reviews but am more interested in long term reviews. Had a few that just crapped out on me w/in the first 3-4 months (and yes, i did correctly bleed, refuel, etc). Thanks brothers! Jiunn

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Xikar....lifetime warranty....WINNING!

For my tastes, I like single flames simply for touch up purposes. I don't feel the need to light my cigar in two seconds with a double or triple although it is nice. I have a stinky....and it's great!
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    I have a brown tall stinky ashtray MOW edition and love it. I think I empty it every two months. I have a hybrid lighter Colibri. It's a nice lighter and I like the fact its a flame and torch in one. Only problem is it dosnt hold alot fluid and the torch in high winds is hard to light due to it sparking of the flame.
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    I got a Xikar Tech not long ago. Nice warranty, large fuel tank, cool flip-up top. Being round, it is a little bulky so not the best lighter if you're gonna carry it around in your pocket. I use the gound or an old flower pot for an ashtray.
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    I use a tall stinky ashtray and a Colibri Reload lighter. The lighter is a single jet flame easy to operate and the fluid reload canisters make refill a snap.

• SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    The stinky tall ashtray is a must for outdoor smoking. I absolutely love mine. As far as lighters go, my Ronson Jet Lite has been very dependable. I also use a Black Ops Triple Flame occasionally (came in a March Madness sampler) and it hasn't had any issues yet either.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    I use a stinky jr ashtray and empty it everytime. For my lighter i use an offbrand single flame, i also have a black ops triple flame but its never worked right...
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    I cannot recommend a Jobon Dual-Flame highly enough. $10 off ebay, adjustable soft flame and torch in one lighter with a good sized fuel tank that will still fit in your pocket. I have a few VERY nice, expensive lighters... that collect dust while I use my Jobon each and every time. Never failed me, and it has lit several hundred cigars.

Ash trays are personal style preference, imho. As long as you get a cigar ashtray and not a cigarette ashtray, you should be fine with whatever you think is cool!
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    thanks guys for the suggestions. now... any recommendations as to where to buy them? regarding the stinky ashtray, can you guys please not bid on that ashtray and / or tell all your family and friends to not bet on it when it pops up on sprint sale? haha just kiddin. Jiunn
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    thanks guys for the suggestions. now... any recommendations as to where to buy them? regarding the stinky ashtray, can you guys please not bid on that ashtray and / or tell all your family and friends to not bet on it when it pops up on sprint sale? haha just kiddin. Jiunn
    Sent you a PM.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    jliu:
    Sent you a PM.
    thanks man. sent you a PM back.