Home General Discussion

Another cigar dream came true

2»

Comments

• rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Rich dude, you are smarter than me. Now please tell me how can I get a Lost city Humi with a good deal LOL
    rwheelwright:
    Nice man. I was fortunate to grab one when they first came out. I got the Black Humidor with with matching travel humi and cigars. Got it in 2007 so the few cigars I have left have been aging since then and I was lucky to get some of the 2006 release too. I however really wanted the macassar ebony humi. I was able to find one for free if I bought 4 of the DC 30th which were something like $40 a piece. I said F it and bought the cigars and got the humi. It was a deal I couldn't turn down so I know how you feel! And somehow I have been lucky enough to get the DA Gran Anniverxario Humi and Lost City humi empty for good deals.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy crap! Can you say jealous?!
    LOL..lately I am getting into collecting artistic looking humidors. Some cigars comes with great looking humidor but the cigars are not worth of the price. Don Arturo AniverXario is one of them.
    Rhamlin:
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    LOL..lately I am getting into collecting artistic looking humidors. Some cigars comes with great looking humidor but the cigars are not worth of the price. Don Arturo AniverXario is one of them.
    Rhamlin:
    agreed
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    rzaman:
    Rich dude, you are smarter than me. Now please tell me how can I get a Lost city Humi with a good deal LOL
    rwheelwright:
    Nice man. I was fortunate to grab one when they first came out. I got the Black Humidor with with matching travel humi and cigars. Got it in 2007 so the few cigars I have left have been aging since then and I was lucky to get some of the 2006 release too. I however really wanted the macassar ebony humi. I was able to find one for free if I bought 4 of the DC 30th which were something like $40 a piece. I said F it and bought the cigars and got the humi. It was a deal I couldn't turn down so I know how you feel! And somehow I have been lucky enough to get the DA Gran Anniverxario Humi and Lost City humi empty for good deals.
    I'm definately not smarter! ;-) Just lucky sometimes. Wish I could be lucky in other parts of my life! However, if I ever run across any of the Fuente special edition humis I will definately let you know. I am always keeping an eye out for good deals.
  • 415415 Posts: 951
    zeebra:
    415:
    great smoke. wish i had bought one of those when i had a chance
    I thought really hard about jumping on one as well if we are taking about olh?? The price on it was really really tough to pass and it took a lot from me to pass on it!!! Great looking set man!!
    yes the deal on olh..... but that is the second time i have passed up good deal on a humi of eda.
    about a year ago a guy at my local b&m was selling one for almost 100 less than the one on olh but i didnt know how great the were back then

After hearing about this, I just couldn't stop myself to search about a box of this Davidoff Royal Robusto cigar. The person who informed me about the cigar, also mistakenly told me that this cigar is not available in the market. Sometime when we are too excited we can't think straight. As a result, It didn't even come to my head to do a simple Google search rather than asking all my cigar sources about it. Indeed, no one sell this extremely limited edition cigar, except the Davidoff store. CCOM member Tony helped me to find this and my buddy Andrew helped me to re-route the cigar to my DPO address. Thanks Tony and specially Andrew who had to drive to the FEDEX facility to pick up the box and re-routed the package to my address right away.

I was in a meeting when the USPS sent me the SMS. They informed me that there is a package waiting for me and they need my signature. I immediately knew that was from Andrew. I declared myself sick right away, went to the post office and straight came back home LOL. However, I told me boss the truth. He smiled and said - "I have seen many crazy people in my life but you beat them all. You are weird and at the same time interesting. You are my Ace and I don't mind if you need to leave right now because I know you will not be able to accomplish anything until you open that box."

I came home, open the package and put the cigar box on my lap for a while. I am indeed the happiest man on earth. My another cigar dreams came true.
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Beautiful! Stay smokey my friend.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is so cool!
    The box is beautifully done and I love the way they put those trays in there. Very nice.
    Congrats!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    WOW
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rzaman:

After hearing about this, I just couldn't stop myself to search about a box of this Davidoff Royal Robusto cigar. The person who informed me about the cigar, also mistakenly told me that this cigar is not available in the market. Sometime when we are too excited we can't think straight. As a result, It didn't even come to my head to do a simple Google search rather than asking all my cigar sources about it. Indeed, no one sell this extremely limited edition cigar, except the Davidoff store. CCOM member Tony helped me to find this and my buddy Andrew helped me to re-route the cigar to my DPO address. Thanks Tony and specially Andrew who had to drive to the FEDEX facility to pick up the box and re-routed the package to my address right away.

I was in a meeting when the USPS sent me the SMS. They informed me that there is a package waiting for me and they need my signature. I immediately knew that was from Andrew. I declared myself sick right away, went to the post office and straight came back home LOL. However, I told me boss the truth. He smiled and said - "I have seen many crazy people in my life but you beat them all. You are weird and at the same time interesting. You are my Ace and I don't mind if you need to leave right now because I know you will not be able to accomplish anything until you open that box."

I came home, open the package and put the cigar box on my lap for a while. I am indeed the happiest man on earth. My another cigar dreams came true.
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    lol, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOLnb7BrMC8
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    BORKism at its finest! Nice pickup!
  • big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    They look great, I hope you enjoy every last one
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    XX
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    You really get some of the coolest cigars that are out there. Nice!
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    nicely done brother. I love the cabinet as well. It's a very nice presentation for a very rare cigar.
  • mwebermweber Posts: 157
    BEAUTIFUL collection brother!
    Thank you all for your kind words. I slept with the humidor next to my bed side table. When I woke up it was on the dining table. My wife laughed and said I thought before you go to work, you need to have your breakfast with your buddy. Well...what can I say? I can't wait to smoke one this weekend.
    rzaman:
    Thank you all for your kind words. I slept with the humidor next to my bed side table. When I woke up it was on the dining table. My wife laughed and said I thought before you go to work, you need to have your breakfast with your buddy. Well...what can I say? I can't wait to smoke one this weekend.
    What was your first thought when you woke up and it wasn't there? I would have flipped out!
    I almost had an heart attack and thought maybe I had a dream about the Daviddoff Royal Robusto. You know how it is when you just wake up. Within a minute, I knew that my wife replaced it. One the way to work, I asked her if she is jealous of my love about cigar. She replied “I know your weird, but that's why I love you!”
    rwheelwright:
    rzaman:
    What was your first thought when you woke up and it wasn't there? I would have flipped out!
    rzaman:
    I almost had an heart attack and thought maybe I had a dream about the Daviddoff Royal Robusto. You know how it is when you just wake up. Within a minute, I knew that my wife replaced it. One the way to work, I asked her if she is jealous of my love about cigar. She replied “I know your weird, but that's why I love you!”
    rwheelwright:
    rzaman:
    When I was robbed 2 years ago the guy took a lot of stuff. What I was most upset about was my TV which was easily replaceable and my Fuente Humi that had about 3 grand worth of stuff in there like 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007 GoF. Maduro Hemingways, between the lines, Partagas 150s, Anejos from 2008, Some rare Forbidden X, other misc Opus, etc... I was PISSED! More pissed about those things than my missing Saxophones that were worth upwards of 28k. Now granted I got my cigars back and my one sax but the other sax is gone, TV was dropped and other misc stuff was missing.
    Rich, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It is very difficult to replace such a vintage collection. I feel for you brother. BTW, Congrats on your Davidoof Royal Robusto collection. When are you going to smoke it?
    rwheelwright:
    rzaman:
    rwheelwright:
    rzaman:
    When I was robbed 2 years ago the guy took a lot of stuff. What I was most upset about was my TV which was easily replaceable and my Fuente Humi that had about 3 grand worth of stuff in there like 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007 GoF. Maduro Hemingways, between the lines, Partagas 150s, Anejos from 2008, Some rare Forbidden X, other misc Opus, etc... I was PISSED! More pissed about those things than my missing Saxophones that were worth upwards of 28k. Now granted I got my cigars back and my one sax but the other sax is gone, TV was dropped and other misc stuff was missing.