Home Cigar 101

whats a good b-day cigars?

my birthday is coming up(may10) and i need sugestions on a good b-day cigar.

Comments

• ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Well, not knowing what your preferences are(mild, medium, medium/full), I'd recommend revisiting the cigars that have stood out to you so far and then finding different labels that share the same characteristics. Looking at your wishlist leads me to believe you like sticks with a fuller body and flavor. Tell ya what, PM me your info and I'll see what I can dig out of the trunkidor and we'll make it a birthday gift. Sound like a plan?
  • jailhousejailhouse Posts: 137
    pm sent, but you dont have to give me anything i was just asking for some sugestions brother.
    Suggestions=leafy birthday goodness! That's how we roll up in dis joint, bromandude!!
    lol bromandude, thanks for the suggestions brother!
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Happy birthday jailhouse ! A little early !
    No thanks needed, bro
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Mine is.in 3 weeks...padron 85th, my father, and a Liga will get smoked bro
  • tincup703tincup703 Posts: 58
    My birthday smoke(s) this May will be my last Camacho 1962 and an Opus X Lost City.
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    tincup703:
    My birthday smoke(s) this May will be my last Camacho 1962 and an Opus X Lost City.
    Let me know how the Lost City is please? I have 2 of these resting and I plan to smoke one when I graduate next year.

My May 20th birthday smoke will be an ISOM stick with 11 years on it (San Christobal 2001).

As for a BDay suggestion, try to find an aged stick with more than a couple years on it (if you don't have one already). I smoked a 10 year old Cohiba last week that blew my socks off! The more years the better, IMO.

And Happy Birthday tincup and jailhouse and catfish!
  • big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    My bday is next week on the 8th gonna smoke a bolivar el 2009 thanks j0z3r
    big chunks:
    My bday is next week on the 8th gonna smoke a bolivar el 2009 thanks j0z3r
    NICE! Seems like a bunch of us are all May Bdays huh? I am torn....as my collection has gotten out of hand recently.
    I hope you have a good one, last year I didn't celebrate as I got laid off the day before my bday but this year hopefully it's good
    big chunks:
    I hope you have a good one, last year I didn't celebrate as I got laid off the day before my bday but this year hopefully it's good
    I have a gig that night and will celevrate it with some phenomenal musicians. It will be fantastic... I;ve had some epic Bday gigs in the past, this oen shoudl be no different...and I'll get paid a ton!
    catfishbluezz:
    big chunks:
    I have a gig that night and will celevrate it with some phenomenal musicians. It will be fantastic... I;ve had some epic Bday gigs in the past, this oen shoudl be no different...and I'll get paid a ton!
    Nothing better than money on your birthday, lol
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Any cigar that you personally enjoy. :-)
    Bro, you're sticks will be in the mail tomorrow. Sorry it took so long to get them out but work has been crazy hectic. Hope you enjoy the selection. It ain't much, but they're some of my personal favorites that I think are to your liking.
    Toombes:
    Bro, you're sticks will be in the mail tomorrow. Sorry it took so long to get them out but work has been crazy hectic. Hope you enjoy the selection. It ain't much, but they're some of my personal favorites that I think are to your liking.
    brother i will enjoy what ever you send.you might not thank its much but it means alot to me thanks for the B-day present brother.
    jailhouse:
    Toombes:
    brother i will enjoy what ever you send.you might not thank its much but it means alot to me thanks for the B-day present brother.

Joe,
    DC#: 03091140000174349860 heading your way.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    To all you May babies here (which seems to be EVERY SINGLE PERSON except me???) I suggest two sticks on your nameday - 1) Your absolute all-time favorite stick, and 2) something you've always wanted to try but havent yet... both with no price limit at all. We all tend to hold back on certain cigars for "special occasions". Well, what could be MORE special than making it thru another year of the craziness of life? :-)

Whatever all of you decide to do, I hope the smoke(s), and your birthdays, are GREAT! :-)

• ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    The Sniper:
    To all you May babies here (which seems to be EVERY SINGLE PERSON except me???) I suggest two sticks on your nameday - 1) Your absolute all-time favorite stick, and 2) something you've always wanted to try but havent yet... both with no price limit at all. We all tend to hold back on certain cigars for "special occasions". Well, what could be MORE special than making it thru another year of the craziness of life? :-)

. Whatever all of you decide to do, I hope the smoke(s), and your birthdays, are GREAT! :-)

This is a freaking great idea!!!