Home General Discussion
Options

Common Habit? Or Weird Habit?

Every now and then, maybe once or twice a day, I will open my humidor, and just bury my nose in there to get a strong whiff of that delicious aroma of cedar and well-aged tobacco.  I love that smell.

Does anybody else do the same thing?  Or am I just weird?

Comments

• Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I do the same thing at times just because I love that smell also. It reminds me of walking into a nice well-stocked humidor to buy some new stuff!
  • Options
    brettmanbrettman Posts: 34
    Maybe not quite as often, but I definitely do the same thing. I've been trying not to do it too much the past copule of months though, it only reminds me of what I'm missing because of the cold weather :(
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Absolutely! Enjoying the cigar starts way before the light, this is why I don't believe in keeping the sticks wrapped in cellophane. Smelling them, looking at them, handling them...all good.
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    All the time!!
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Now I have to qualify this by saying even though most people so far do the same thing as you doesn't mean you aren't weird. There are some strange people on this forum, myself included!!! haha
  • Options
    ScottUScottU Posts: 194
    Guilty! I like to check the RH and Temp on a daily basis...
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    ScottU:
    Guilty! I like to check the RH and Temp on a daily basis...
    I check in on my babies every morning, and every night.. ( and sometimes in between...)
  • Options
    jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    you enjoy the smell of your cigars???? thats so wierd

lol
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    ha, "i love that smell".... that's what I tell my fiance'
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    same here... I even setup a webcam where i can watch them while at work....jk.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    I'm right there w/ ya, I need to sniff once or twice a day. Maybe more if I am feeling um, anxious.
  • Options
    havanaalhavanaal Posts: 155 ✭✭
    Very important to take stock regularly. If the inventory is up, is there enough "quality"? Is there enough to offer friends? Should I replenish? Which one do I go for next? When will that be? This morning, afternoon? After dinner? All of the above? Tough decisions all.....
  • Options
    kevster77kevster77 Posts: 68
    Where I work I load food on trailers and export containers, and there are times when we open an container and the smell of tobacco in there is incredible. it's like opening up a huge humidor and standing there and getting in a good wiff.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I must be the only one, I look in on them about once or so a week. Unless I'm grabbing a cigar to smoke I leave them be.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i do that once every few days.... not quite every day.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Jdorais:
    ...are you still talking about cigars ?
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    kaspera79:
    Jdorais:
    ...are you still talking about cigars ?
    I was wondering when and who would catch that.
  • Options
    I usually check mine a couple of times a week. Just to make sure that the RH hasn't plummetted. Other than that I try to leave them alone.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    These Filthy Hands:
    I usually check mine a couple of times a week. Just to make sure that the RH hasn't plummetted. Other than that I try to leave them alone.
    that is hard to do.