Home General Discussion
Options

Nub Maddy

bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
Checked my email, and C.com is pre-ordering Nub Maduros. Didn't even really know about these, and still couldn't resist preordering and handful. They are found in the nub page.

Comments

• Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    I still havent tried Nub yet...it makes me sad.
  • Options
    brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    smbrink:
    I hadn't tried one until last week when I had the Nub Cameroon. Decent, but over-hyped was my overall thoughts of it. I have a sampler, so maybe I'll like the connie or habano better...
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I really only like the conni...
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    smbrink:
    Me neither, one of these days I'll get around to getting some.
  • Options
    brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    I got the sampler pack when it was the checkout deal several weeks ago. I liked the connie and the habano, but had an underfilled cameroon that burned hot. I'm aging the others to have later, but I agree that the conn wrapper was by far my favorite.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i really only like the connecticut. it may be the best connecticut out there. i have high hopes for the maduro though.
  • Options
    niz33niz33 Posts: 83
    I really don't like the connecticut. I have about 5 of each and my favorite is the Habano.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I liked all the Nub line really. I thought the Connecticut had great flavor, I enjoyed the Cameroon, and I don't remember the Habano all that well because I smoked it at lunch several months ago. I'll have to give it another try before long. I am looking forward to the Maduro though! I love a good maduro cigar and I think the Nub line has done some good things.

Anyone ever hear anything about when the Nub Miami is going to be out? I saw an ad for it a couple months ago but haven't heard anything else since.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    not too sure about the miami, but im more excited about the maduro anyway.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I'm holding out for Nub Sumatra :)
  • Options
    I've only had two nubs, one Cammi one Habano. Don't remember the Cammi too well as it didn't impress me all that much. I had the Habano last week and was really blown away. I wanted to think of Nub as just a gimmick that wouldn't live up to the hype. I am really glad I was wrong about the Habano (466 in case anyone is wondering). The flavor was fantastic and the burn was amazing. I never had to ash it, which was kind of cool in a gimmicky way.

After the quality of that Habano, I'm looking forward to the Maduro.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    PuroFreak:
    I liked all the Nub line really. I thought the Connecticut had great flavor, I enjoyed the Cameroon, and I don't remember the Habano all that well because I smoked it at lunch several months ago. I'll have to give it another try before long. I am looking forward to the Maduro though! I love a good maduro cigar and I think the Nub line has done some good things.

Anyone ever hear anything about when the Nub Miami is going to be out? I saw an ad for it a couple months ago but haven't heard anything else since.
    I saw April in the article I read but I am still waiting. I am also still waiting on the 100 Anos Preferido that was supposed to be out already.
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Still here in Nicaragua. Arrived in Granada last night for the Holy Week. On my way out of town, I swung by Oliva to see Carlos Oliva. He was leaving town also and while he did not have any bands, he hooked me up with bundle of the Maddy. Nice smoke. I still like the Habano the best, but the maduro guys out there are going to be happy.
  • Options
    Sounds like a good trip Alex.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:

Okay so that's the new one coming out. I heard or saw it somewhere, maybe in a magazine. But I will be happy to try it.
  • Options
    benskibenski Posts: 24 ✭✭
    I'd echo what Alex says about the Habano Nub - it's my favorite blend from this particular stick. I like a nice Maddy though, so I'm looking forward to its arrival with some (muted) aniticpation. Regretfully the Connecticut is not my cup of tea. Nasty piece of work...
  • Options
    JFJF Posts: 54
    benski:
    I'd echo what Alex says about the Habano Nub - it's my favorite blend from this particular stick. I like a nice Maddy though, so I'm looking forward to its arrival with some (muted) aniticpation. Regretfully the Connecticut is not my cup of tea. Nasty piece of work...

I have to agree on the Connecticut - tasted dry and harsh to me at a time when my humi was, if anything, over-moist (a very rare thing). Not at all the creamy little firecracker I was expecting. The Habano is quite good, I've yet to try the Cameroon though.
  • Options
    benskibenski Posts: 24 ✭✭
    The Cameroon has a darker, less spicy flavour than the Habano, woody notes, dry on the palate with a hint of burnt caramel. It's an able stick. My box pressed one exploded quite entertainingly in my humidor (how I have no idea - perhaps it had a droplet of water on it).