Home Non Cigar Related

Autism

2»

Comments

• ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to thank each and every Brother who has replied to this post. Reading your comments has helped me through a rather rough week. Thanks for letting me share Gabriel's story and thanks to some of you for letting me vent in PM's. A special thank you to GreenMachine for a show of generosity by sending Gabriel his first LEGO bomb! He's gonna love it! Once more, thanks Brothers!
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Hey Brothers, reading this thread makes me proud to be a member of this forum. I have a cousin with Asperger's and my Aunt has dedicated her life to the cause. She adopted him at the age of 50 and has since went back to school to become an OT. It also just so happens that she has opened what is called a "Sensory Learning Center" and she is located in London, KY. The results she has had with my cousin and other autistic children are amazing. This device is designed to stimulate the senses and is scientifically sound. She also invested in a hyperbaric chamber that Jonah and my uncle spend an hour per day in. This lead me to do my thesis on Autism upon graduating from chiropractic school. Toombes I will try to find my references as I am in between moves right now so it might take a while but I do remember that there is significant research on the topics of chiropractic and autism. In fact, one study showed that 90+ percent of autistic children exhibit a laterality of C1 which is thought to impinge or diminish the signals of the brain stem.(basically, the first vertebrae of the neck is misaligned) When my aunt first started her center, I spent a couple of weeks with her and Jonah. I adjusted C1 and he underwent 10 sessions in the center. He was able to tie his shoes afterward! I will try to find a link to the research, but if you want contact info to my aunt, just let me know. I am not sure exactly what it was that made the difference with Jonah, but I do know that we are blessed to have him in our family. Just as I can tell that you are greatful to have such an amazing son! Please let me know if I can be of any service to you and your family!
    mmccartneydc:
    Hey Brothers, reading this thread makes me proud to be a member of this forum. I have a cousin with Asperger's and my Aunt has dedicated her life to the cause. She adopted him at the age of 50 and has since went back to school to become an OT. It also just so happens that she has opened what is called a "Sensory Learning Center" and she is located in London, KY. The results she has had with my cousin and other autistic children are amazing. This device is designed to stimulate the senses and is scientifically sound. She also invested in a hyperbaric chamber that Jonah and my uncle spend an hour per day in. This lead me to do my thesis on Autism upon graduating from chiropractic school. Toombes I will try to find my references as I am in between moves right now so it might take a while but I do remember that there is significant research on the topics of chiropractic and autism. In fact, one study showed that 90+ percent of autistic children exhibit a laterality of C1 which is thought to impinge or diminish the signals of the brain stem.(basically, the first vertebrae of the neck is misaligned) When my aunt first started her center, I spent a couple of weeks with her and Jonah. I adjusted C1 and he underwent 10 sessions in the center. He was able to tie his shoes afterward! I will try to find a link to the research, but if you want contact info to my aunt, just let me know. I am not sure exactly what it was that made the difference with Jonah, but I do know that we are blessed to have him in our family. Just as I can tell that you are greatful to have such an amazing son! Please let me know if I can be of any service to you and your family!

Wow! I'd love to talk with you about this, Doc! I've spent way too many hours on the Internet digging up info only to find that it's all the same. I'd love to speak with your aunt, as well. Thank you so much for the information you've already passed on.
    Toombes:
    mmccartneydc:

Wow! I'd love to talk with you about this, Doc! I've spent way too many hours on the Internet digging up info only to find that it's all the same. I'd love to speak with your aunt, as well. Thank you so much for the information you've already passed on.
    PM sent brother!
  • Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    Dan, when yu told e about this the other day I was in complete amazement and still am, I am so proud to be apart of a forum that supports each other and the out pouring of knowledge and love is completely amazing. I know you and gabe have a special bond and you can learn from each other. All things in life happen for a reason and I Believe Gabe was put on this earth and with you as a father for something amazing.... I can't wait to see his next creation....
    Since I had already posted pictures of Gabriel's LEGO creation, I didn't see the need to start a completely new thread so here are some more projects he finished Thursday.
    Dr. Who's new sonic screwdriver...
    Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    He was watching The Lord of The Rings and decided to build his version of The Battle at Helm's Deep...
    Thanks for looking, Brothers.
  • Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    That is so freaking awesome!!
    Super cool bro!
    The latest construct. Gabe has gained a sudden interest in astronomy...
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Total build time: 12 minutes.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    that is awesome!
    taythegibs:
    that is awesome!

Thanks, Taylor!
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    I used to love legos, actually have a clipping somewhere from where i got in the magazine lol, but it took me FOREVER to build anything... i wish i would of had his talent!

just showed my little sister the pictures of the sonic screwdriver and she got a kick out of em, we're all Dr Who fans here!
    taythegibs:
    I used to love legos, actually have a clipping somewhere from where i got in the magazine lol, but it took me FOREVER to build anything... i wish i would of had his talent!

just showed my little sister the pictures of the sonic screwdriver and she got a kick out of em, we're all Dr Who fans here!

I've tried getting him to let me submit one of his projects but he doesn't want me to...
    He's been watching Dr. Who religiously for about two yrs now. He can tell you more about it than I can and I started watching it in the 80's.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are absolutely amazing. What a gift he has. Keep up the great work!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    Hey Dan tell your son that he is one talented kid!
    pbchevo:
    Hey Dan tell your son that he is one talented kid!

Will do, brother! Thanks!