Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

COTMC - May

First post - sorry if I'm not doing this correctly. Wondering what cigar-of-the-month-club members thought of the May shipment? I know it's a bit early, but I tend to smoke 'em when I get 'em to see if there's something I want to order. Alec Bradley Presnsado Churchill (96 rated); Rocky Patel Olde World Reserve Corojo, Lancero (90 rated); Punch Gran Puro, Rancho (90 rated); C&C Corojo, Churchill; CAO Italia, Ciao (91 rated) Even if you haven't smoked them, maybe you have some thoughts about the sticks anyway.

Comments

• Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    PalmFace:
    First post - sorry if I'm not doing this correctly. Wondering what cigar-of-the-month-club members thought of the May shipment? I know it's a bit early, but I tend to smoke 'em when I get 'em to see if there's something I want to order. Alec Bradley Presnsado Churchill (96 rated); Rocky Patel Olde World Reserve Corojo, Lancero (90 rated); Punch Gran Puro, Rancho (90 rated); C&C Corojo, Churchill; CAO Italia, Ciao (91 rated) Even if you haven't smoked them, maybe you have some thoughts about the sticks anyway.

All are excellent sticks and, if not box purchase worthy, at least a 5-pack buy. Just my .02...
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    I'm just mad I'll be receiving more than 0 churchills. They take up space and I never have the patience..
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    scarlin:
    I'm just mad I'll be receiving more than 0 churchills. They take up space and I never have the patience..
    I'm with you on this one, maybe we can ask if this is an option for future packages?
  • Options
    PalmFacePalmFace Posts: 12
    Toombes - all good, even the Rocky Patel Lancero? Hm.. I thought it was unsmokable - no draw whatsoever.
  • Options
    MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    I've always had good experiences with the RP Old World, but there's always a bad stick to be found. I've even had a, shh, cuban that was plugged.
  • Options
    Mephisto:
    I've always had good experiences with the RP Old World, but there's always a bad stick to be found. I've even had a, shh, cuban that was plugged.
    I had a davidoff like that
  • Options
    jesenstenjesensten Posts: 36
    I'm hoping mine shows up today/tomorrow so I can get them resting... Looking forward to the Punch just based on my enjoyment of other Punches I've already enjoyed.

I had the AB Prensado last weekend and was underwhelmed for a cigar I was really looking forward to. It wouldn't burn evenly and went out several times. Again, maybe just a bad stick/user error, but for such a highly rated stick I expected more. I'll give the new one a go after a week or two of rest.
  • Options
    I feel robbed, my box was 95% air and 5% cigars. That's worse than potato chip bags!
  • Options
    PalmFacePalmFace Posts: 12
    jesensten:
    I'm hoping mine shows up today/tomorrow so I can get them resting... Looking forward to the Punch just based on my enjoyment of other Punches I've already enjoyed. I had the AB Prensado last weekend and was underwhelmed for a cigar I was really looking forward to. It wouldn't burn evenly and went out several times. Again, maybe just a bad stick/user error, but for such a highly rated stick I expected more. I'll give the new one a go after a week or two of rest.

Agree on the Prensado. I've bought several boxes of Cigar.com Top 25, and enjoyed them all except the Cain Daytona. Glad I didn't spring for a box of the Prensados. Not a BAD smoke, but nothing special. For my money, it doesn't come close to the My Father Le Bijou 1922 Toro I'm smoking right now.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Mephisto:
    Haha...just one?
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    That skinny-asssed RP wasn't too too shabby. Yea, it got hot when smoking it fast, but the flavor of the stick was excellent.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I haven't had an OWR in years.
  • Options
    I had the RP Lancero last night. Decent smoke... No draw issues and stayed cool the whole way down to the 2" nub before I finally put it down. I started getting a bit of tar around that point. Good flavor profile and tons of smoke for a Lancero. I'll have another one down the road somewhere.
  • Options
    havent smoked any of em yet wont smoke the rocky patel wont smoke the punch puro corjo two of my least favorite brands. but im stoked beyong belief about the Prensado and the Italia. Great gar right there with the Italia and the AB Prensado obviously speaks for itself.
  • Options
    jesensten:
    I had the AB Prensado last weekend and was underwhelmed for a cigar I was really looking forward to. It wouldn't burn evenly and went out several times. Again, maybe just a bad stick/user error, but for such a highly rated stick I expected more. I'll give the new one a go after a week or two of rest.

I had the Prensado Friday night and I had the same issues. Maybe just a bad stick, but the other Prensado's I've had were issue free.
  • Options
    It was a good selection this month. The flavor profiles were similar. All I;ve got left is the Prensado. The surprise one for me was the Chuisano C&C. That was a mighty tasty stick. Just finished the Punch and it was just meh. The Chuisano is my favorite this month!!
  • Options
    MrGreenMachine:
    It was a good selection this month. The flavor profiles were similar. All I;ve got left is the Prensado. The surprise one for me was the Chuisano C&C. That was a mighty tasty stick. Just finished the Punch and it was just meh. The Chuisano is my favorite this month!!
    ive had one of the C&C corojo's aging for about 4 months now then got the 2nd one in the monthly pretty excited to try em both. especially at 350 a stick
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Toombes:
    I had the RP Lancero last night. Decent smoke... No draw issues and stayed cool the whole way down to the 2" nub before I finally put it down. I started getting a bit of tar around that point. Good flavor profile and tons of smoke for a Lancero. I'll have another one down the road somewhere.
    I had the RP lancero last night. Good stick. I lose track of all the RP blends, but the Olde World Reserve I find to be one of the better ones. Very much enjoyed the lancero vitola.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Mephisto:
    Haha...just one?
    thats funny right there.
  • Options
    jesenstenjesensten Posts: 36
    I was surprised how much I liked the RP Lancero last night! Having never had a Lancero I thought it looked a little, well, feminine. The flavors and strength were anything but. Like Toombes, I found there to be a ton of smoke which is something I really enjoy. The spice that came from the wrapper was especially enjoyable, as well. Do the other Olde World vitolas have similar characteristics?