Home Cigar 101
Options

Cigar Taster Chart

zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
You can print, email the notes you take, or just print out a bunch and write em in.

Just hope I never smoke a cigar that has "manuer" I wonder why cigars have some of these flavor characteristics!!?? Reading a few is making me not want to smoke or experience those flavors!!

http://tobacconistuniversity.org/pdf/flavorchart.pdf

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    did you see the flavor wheels that i have in my "Developing your palate" thread? they are similar in concept to this chart. of course they are not designed to paste a label to.

as far as a cigar that has a "manure" characteristic...
    Taste and smell are very closely related. flavor charts like these and flavor wheels like the ones in my developing your palate thread are not exclusively "flavor" wheels. they are scent wheels as well.
    another word for "manure" is "barnyard." There are plenty of cigar that have that as one of the scents before it is lit. I find that it is in many very heavy Maduros.

i often reference this flavor wheel (usually found in my "developing your palate" thread) when i do reviews:

• Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    did you see the flavor wheels that i have in my "Developing your palate" thread? they are similar in concept to this chart. of course they are not designed to paste a label to.

as far as a cigar that has a "manure" characteristic...
    Taste and smell are very closely related. flavor charts like these and flavor wheels like the ones in my developing your palate thread are not exclusively "flavor" wheels. they are scent wheels as well.
    another word for "manure" is "barnyard." There are plenty of cigar that have that as one of the scents before it is lit. I find that it is in many very heavy Maduros.

i often reference this flavor wheel (usually found in my "developing your palate" thread) when i do reviews:

Oh yea, I've read that entire thread Matt. I think I've read that thread and your thoughts on it multiple times actually! Just thought this one you can make a binder of it with the wrapper and all that info on the sheet.

Just to let you know Matt, your thoughts, reviews, and knowledge on cigars has been priceless to me!
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    zeebra:
    You can print, email the notes you take, or just print out a bunch and write em in.

Just hope I never smoke a cigar that has "manuer" I wonder why cigars have some of these flavor characteristics!!?? Reading a few is making me not want to smoke or experience those flavors!!

Cool. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zeebra:

Thank you!

I downloaded it and can enter what I want in it and save the page. I can then use it as a reference for later on when I find that my sharp as a butter knife memory fails me. LOL!

Appreciate it.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.