Home General Discussion
Options

Wow! I love Arturo Fuente! (and I rarely love men)

So, I went to my local B&M cigar shop today (Holt's at 16th St and Walnut St in downtown Philadelphia).  That place has some monsterously good stock on cigars.

This is what I normally smoke.  Arturo Fuente Hemingway Signature.  Mild-to-medium bodied, full of spice, creaminess, flavor and complexity.  And it won't break the bank.  Love it. I paired with a glass of blended whiskey, and wrote a review of it here:
http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/15813.aspx

I craved smoking those, but just didn't have the time.  So I stopped in to my B&M and got a few Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story cigars, and had it when I went to walk the dog during lunch.  Wow.  What a PERFECT cigar to smoke when you only have 20 minutes.

Just like the Signature size, this little guy just exploded with flavors of rich dark chocolate, cedar, pepper, cream, and spice.  Absolutely perfect burn and draw throughout. 

So, now, I'm craving another cigar... today may be my first day where I smoke 2 cigars in one day.  When I take the dog out again, I'm gonna dig into the next guy here... Arturo Fuente Hemingway Work of Art Maduro.  I hope it's as good as I have heard it is:

And now, my humidor is happy.  Today, I picked up:
  • 4x Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story
  • 2x Arturo Fuente Hemingway Work of Art Maduro
  • 2x Alec Bradley Tempus Terra Novo (Robusto size)
  • 1x Ashton VSG Belicoso #1 (approximately a torpedo) - Never had one before, but heard it is a must try.

So, does anybody else have any cigars that are must try cigars?  I tend to like medium body cigars (full bodied are too strong for me), with lots of complexity and flavor.

Comments

• Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I see you already have some Alec Bradleys in your humi, have you tried the Harvest Selection 1997? From what you posted, I think they would be right up your alley. The Padilla Habano is another excellent stick with plenty of complexity, but a bit pricier.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Yup, all of those are good in my book.
  • Options
    The VSG is one of my favorite smokes, and I do enjoy the WOA from time to time. Have you ever had the between the lines from AF? If you get a chance give it a go, I think it's a good cigar and worth a try since you enjoy it's cousins.
  • Options
    iwsmith2iwsmith2 Posts: 65
    I love everything fuente.... everything he makes turns into gold for me... Like squirrel the VSG is one of my favs, and all of the rest of his smokes are just amazing... Love it.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    If you want something that has a lot of flavor but not a strong smoke at all you need to try a Fuente Candela. If you can get past the sick looking green color you will find it is a very sweet and aromatic cigar with more flavor than I would have ever imagined. Kuzi said that Camacho makes a good Candela too but I haven't tried that one.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i agree with the candela. such a good smoke. I liked it in the 8-5-8 size but i imagine that a Fuente candela in the Hemingway shape would be great.
  • Options
    robert69165robert69165 Posts: 219
    i have som AF "Best Sellers" coming to me at the end of April, I believe they are part of the Hemmingway series also. Can't wait to try them out.
  • Options
    kent1146kent1146 Posts: 86
    PuroFreak:
    If you want something that has a lot of flavor but not a strong smoke at all you need to try a Fuente Candela. If you can get past the sick looking green color you will find it is a very sweet and aromatic cigar with more flavor than I would have ever imagined. Kuzi said that Camacho makes a good Candela too but I haven't tried that one.

Hrm... how hard is it to find a Candela?  I have never seen one before when I go to the local B&M.  With 2 people recommending them already, I will definitely give it a try if I can get my hands on them.

BTW, I wrote up a review of the Fuente WoaM.  Gave it a 9.0/10.  If anyone is interested, they can check it out here:
    Arturo Fuente Hemingway Work of Art Maduro Review

• Options
    kent1146kent1146 Posts: 86
    phobicsquirrel:
    The VSG is one of my favorite smokes, and I do enjoy the WOA from time to time. Have you ever had the between the lines from AF? If you get a chance give it a go, I think it's a good cigar and worth a try since you enjoy it's cousins.

Never had a Between the Lines... if I recall, those are the barber-pole mixed wrappers, right?  Also, very expensive?  Something like $20 a stick?
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    kent1146:
    phobicsquirrel:

Never had a Between the Lines... if I recall, those are the barber-pole mixed wrappers, right?  Also, very expensive?  Something like $20 a stick?
    If you can get them for $20 a stick, you are lucky. If you want a place, PM me.
  • Options
    I found two places that have a good price on them. Ordered them around Xmas time.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    The only Fuente I've ever smoked was the Hemingway. I think I might pick up a couple of different ones when I place my next order though.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    The Don Carlos is awesome! Better than the Hemingway in my opinion, but a more full bodied.