Home General Discussion
Options

Your dream cigar collaboration

Alex's ccom forum blend post got me thinking. Almost every cigar that I love comes from either AJ Fernandez or Don Pepin Garcia. Based on interviews that I have seen, largely through ccom, it is my understanding that AJ loves farming and fermenting tobacco more than anything else, and Pepin loves the rolling process. In my wildest (and probably impossible) cigar dreams, I would love to see these two men collaborate on a blend and bring their individual passions together in a "perfect" cigar. What would you like to see if anything were possible?

Comments

• Options
    If anything were possible I would like to see a room full of Gurkha HMR's in my house perfectly humidifier and aged for at least five years followed by a room each full of Arturo Fuentes best offerings, don pepin garcias, padillas, perdomos, Cuban cohibas, Cuban romeo y julietas, and all the other greats, and no risk of cancer to boot! Plus a great smoking room to smoke them in and a woman who loves the smell of cigars!
  • Options
    plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    Marshallrocks80:
    If anything were possible I would like to see a room full of Gurkha HMR's in my house perfectly humidifier and aged for at least five years followed by a room each full of Arturo Fuentes best offerings, don pepin garcias, padillas, perdomos, Cuban cohibas, Cuban romeo y julietas, and all the other greats, and no risk of cancer to boot! Plus a great smoking room to smoke them in and a woman who loves the smell of cigars!
    Damn, I wish, but miracles only happen so often.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Haha, Nice idea, but I don't think that was what he had in mind for this post.

If anything were possible, I think Don Pepin teaming up with Padron could produce some AWESOME smokes! Both make some of the best stuff out there and I think together they could do some amazing things.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    Haha, Nice idea, but I don't think that was what he had in mind for this post.

True, but in this economy, its still good to have dreams, right?
    At least with the change in the weather I could scratch the smoking room off of my wish list. The old back porch is getting a good spring cleaning this weekend...
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Oh yea! The balcony is about to start getting a LOT of use! Firing up the grill and the smokes!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    man, thats a hard one

How about Hendrik Kelner (Davidoff blender/director) and Christian Eiroa (blender of the camacho corojo).

this way you get the power of the camacho line but the subtle complexity of davidoff.

it wouldnt be THAT hard to put together... i mean Davidoff owns camacho...

eh, but the ego of those two blenders would never be compatible.

oooh! how about Don Carlos and the Oliva family. complex classic flavors with innovative shapes and sizes...

i mean, think: OpusX NUB!!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Rocky Patel and Ernesto Padilla. Think a cigar that ties in the Padilla Miami with the Vintage 90 or 92! Flavor Bomb!
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    kuzi16:
    man, thats a hard one

How about Hendrik Kelner (Davidoff blender/director) and Christian Eiroa (blender of the camacho corojo).

this way you get the power of the camacho line but the subtle complexity of davidoff.

oooh! how about Don Carlos and the Oliva family. complex classic flavors with innovative shapes and sizes...

I read somewhere that Fuente uses an Oliva Wrapper as a filler in one of their cigars. It may have only been a special for Don Carlos himself smoke though.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I'm sure if we put Rocky Patel and Kaizad Hansotia (Gurkha) together, they could easily come up with...oh....4 or 5 HUNDRED blends. One of them is bound to be killer.

In all seriousness though, I might have to go with the Fuentes and Padrons, though the La Aurora factory pumps out some incredible and innovative smokes as well. Maybe a combo of all three?
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Rob1110:
    I'm sure if we put Rocky Patel and Kaizad Hansotia (Gurkha) together, they could easily come up with...oh....4 or 5 HUNDRED blends. One of them is bound to be killer.
    and the other 499 would be over priced Duds....

did i say that?
    oops...
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    man, thats a hard one

Both of those combos have me salivating... Stop it!
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I would love to see a Fuente = Kaizad Hansotia collaboration. Fuente makes some awesome cigars and Gurkha has access to tons and tons of rare tobacco. I bet Carlos and Carlito could make a few awesome cigars.