Home General Discussion
Options

Traveling out of the country

undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
I'll be in Jamaica next month for a wedding. Does anybody know the law on how many cigars I can take out of the country. I obviously don't want any taken, and I don't plan on spending $20 per cigar there. I tried to google the info but couldn't find anything. Any help would be great.

Comments

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    there was some talk about this not too long ago. from what I remember it is illegal to take any cubans to the states. but ultimately it's up to the custom agent.
  • Options
    I wasn't planning on bring any back. . . well maybe a couple. I didn't want to bring 25 cigars down and find out there was a limit of 20 and have to give up 5 nice cigars. I guess my question is, is there a limit on what I can bring out of the country.
  • Options
    niz33niz33 Posts: 83
    undulac:
    I wasn't planning on bring any back. . . well maybe a couple. I didn't want to bring 25 cigars down and find out there was a limit of 20 and have to give up 5 nice cigars. I guess my question is, is there a limit on what I can bring out of the country.
    NO LIMIT on taking cigars OUT OF THE COUNTRY.
  • Options
    bwcarter54bwcarter54 Posts: 142
    The wife and I go to the Caribbean about twice a year. I always take my own cigars with me and have never had so much as a question asked by TSA. I don't take more than 20 on the trip. It's when you come back that the questioning starts. Just make sure you keep the bands on them in case you get searched.
  • Options
    niz33:
    undulac:
    NO LIMIT on taking cigars OUT OF THE COUNTRY.
    You are my new best friend! Thanks for all the info guys.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Did we just become best friends ?... Yup!
    Ya' wanna do karate in the garage ?... Yup