Home Non Cigar Related
Options

finally done!

Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well, today marks the end of my four years at Marshall! I graduated with degrees in economics, finance, and a math minor. It was good, but it's nice to have it done! Now, in 7 short days I'll be getting married to my lovely fianc
LLA - Lancero Lovers of America

Comments

• Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Congrats!
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Congrats! Do you have a job lined up after you return from your wedding?
  • Options
    Goldy:
    I sure do! I'm working part time with a forensic economist now, and will begin full time after the honeymoon ( up to Maine!) After a year I will continue to grad school in the econ/finance field.
  • Options
    And thanks guys!
  • Options
    My fianc
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    Goldy:
    I sure do! I'm working part time with a forensic economist now, and will begin full time after the honeymoon ( up to Maine!) After a year I will continue to grad school in the econ/finance field.
    Fantastic, I have no idea what a forensic economist does but it sounds really fun and exciting. Truth be told, its probably not what I think it is but I invision you at a crime scene with a black light and those awesome blacklight glasses looking for change in the couch.
  • Options
    ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    Congrats it is a wonderful feeling being done with your degree. Enjoy the week and your wedding!! For future ref though grad school is a pain in the ass.
  • Options
    Goldy:
    Gray4lines:
    Goldy:
    Fantastic, I have no idea what a forensic economist does but it sounds really fun and exciting. Truth be told, its probably not what I think it is but I invision you at a crime scene with a black light and those awesome blacklight glasses looking for change in the couch.
    Hahaha, close!! Think personal injury cases. You wanna know how much a person would have made working, but now they cannot. A FE determines the loss of earnings capacity and presents it to the jury. Its economics applied to the courtroom.

And I do anticipate grad school to be rough, so the little break will be great! I can work, have fun, make money and enjoy my wife before more school!
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well hey congrats Gray. That wasn't you I almost hit downtown today was it:) we should get together for smoke before you go get hitched and leave WV for greener pastures.
  • Options
    Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    Congrats brother..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Wow, congratualtions are in order. That's impressive you toughed it out like that. And what a great selction of celebratory sticks to enjoy. Congrats on the wedding, what a great month for the both of you. BTW, can you post or PM a little review of the D.C. cigar? I've wanted to try one for about 6 months but have not pulled the trigger as I think it might be a gimmick per the price. Curious what you think about it. Edit - It looks like you graduated with honors?
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Congrats on Wedding/Graduation brother! Now smoke a memorial cigar for all your hard work :D
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on both counts!
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Congrats to both things. Enjoy them each in their entireity. Padron 3000 (brown label)is still one of my all time favs.
  • Options
    james40:
    Wow, congratualtions are in order. That's impressive you toughed it out like that. And what a great selction of celebratory sticks to enjoy. Congrats on the wedding, what a great month for the both of you. BTW, can you post or PM a little review of the D.C. cigar? I've wanted to try one for about 6 months but have not pulled the trigger as I think it might be a gimmick per the price. Curious what you think about it. Edit - It looks like you graduated with honors?
    I will post about the DC when I have it. I have never had one either and actually picked this one up for free, it was marked at $17 though. It looks great!

and you are correct! Honors in beta gamma sigma in the college of business and summa *** laude with a 4.0.
  • Options
    Haha, and apparently my Latin phrase was too obscene to post
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Congarts Gray!!! This is very exciting to start the new life. After my graduation, the first thing I did was took my parents for dinner and thanked them for all the help. I wish you good luck with your graduation, new job, the wedding ceremony and honeymoon.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations, Brother!!
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations.