Home Cigar 101

Novice II

Thanks for all the info. You guys are great. And you make a new guy feel right at home. I have a couple more questions. I just got my new humidor. Its small it only holds 50 sticks. How do I get started. How do I charge the humidifer? It also comes with two gauges analog and digital. What number should it be at before I start putting the cigars in? I'm at a mile high and it is very dry up here. I know I have alot of questions but I know you guys have the answers. Also give me your opinion on flavored cigars. Thanks Big Smile [:D] 

Comments

• brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    this is a decent guide:

http://cigars.about.com/od/seasoninganewhumidor/ss/0061702c.htm

toss the analog hygrometer in the trash and use the digital one. I have yet to have a flavored or infused cigar that I like and they are a pain to store because they have to be separate from everything else to keep from getting all the other sticks tasting like the flavored or infused ones.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    The only flavored/infused cigar I have had and thought was halfway decent was the Java maduro by Drew Estates. I'd venture so far as to say that if you want a flavored cigar, look no further than DE, the quality of their cigars is top notch and the infusion process they use is likely to leave the least offensive tastes on the cigar itself.
  • plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    I tried th Drew Estate Blondie and thought it was ok. I tried the Nasty and thought it was aptly named. I don't care for flavored cigars at all, but to each his own.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Drew Estate is the way to go if you like flavored cigars...check out thier ACID line, I have tried thier Kuba Kuba, it wasn't bad, but I much rather smoke something else than a flavored cigar.

"Long ashes my friends."